Chapter 14: "I'm not feeling well,"

Gina's POV:

After working on the dress for half an hour, I stop because I hear my phone ring from my nightstand.

I put my paintbrush down on a napkin and look over to see E.J watching me as I go over to pick my phone up off of my nightstand.

"Where are you? I tried to call you yesterday but it went to voicemail. I need help. It's an emergency," I hear my best friend, Ashlyn say through the phone.

"Woah, calm down. I was working yesterday. What's the emergency?" I hold my phone to my ear and glance at E.J knowing that she would freak if she knew he was in my bedroom.

"You know that guy at the pizza shop who always glances at me when I come see you work? Well, he asked me to be his date to his prom and got me E.J Caswell concert tickets. I know our Prom isn't for another two and a half months but I think he knows that I'm on the prom committee even though he doesn'tI go to our school. I'm in like every extracurricular and I guess he saw the posters I was hanging up the other day asking for catering and sponsors for prom. I also asked him to come to our prom. I swear it's an emergency because I can't plan a prom and look for a prom dress at the same time," I hear my best friend rant to me on the phone while E.J is still staring at me.

I look over to E.J and he mouths to me "You good?" but Ashlyn is still panicking on the phone.

"Ash, that is not an emergency. Can't you call Carlos or Kourtney and ask for fashion advice? You have two and a half months to look for a dress," I sigh at her on the phone.

"No, because you're my best friend and you are going to be a future dress designer. I need your help," I hear Ashlyn panic on the phone.

"Well, I'm not feeling well and I need to work on my portfolio for FIT because it is due next week. Please don't come over," I fake cough into my arm and wait for her response.

"What's wrong? Do you need me to bring you soup or an extra blanket?," I hear Ashlyn get concerned on the phone.

"I think I caught something from one of the customers I was delivering to on Friday night. I'll see you at school on monday if I feel better. Please don't come over. There are tissues everywhere and I think it's just a cold or some 24 hour virus," I cough again into my arm as E.J looks at me concerned.

"Ok, feel better soon bestie, love ya. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me, Carlos is dragging me to Sephora again because he needs new mascara," I hear Ashlyn say as she hangs up.

"You're a good actress, you should do something like a musical or a music video," I hear E.J laugh lightly as I put my phone back down on the charger.

"All of my friends would freak out if they knew that E.J Caswell was in my bedroom right now. I had to do something," I shrug my shoulders and sit back down at my desk.

"Right, so what else can we do today besides paint and draw?" I hear him say as I pick up my paintbrush again.

"You bored of watching me already?" I nudge his shoulder and get some water on his hoodie from the paintbrush.

"No, I'm just getting bored of being cooped up in your bedroom. I want to go out and explore Oregon," I hear E.J say as he messes with his hair.

I personally like it down and messy instead of up and geled.

"But you can't you'll get caught by paparazzi," I point out to him.

"Oh yeah," I watch as E.J slumps down in his seat.

"You can't live in my house forever but I can keep you company for the weekend. I have school tomorrow. You can't come to school with me," I point out as I paint a blue stroke on the scrap piece of paper.