Chapter 27: "Girl problems too?"

A/N: sorry for the tense issues and grammar issues. I didn't get a chance to edit this ch. bcs I was watching the Grammys. But hopefully you should get what's going on in the ch. after you read it even though there's grammar past and present tense mistakes.

*******************

E.J's POV:

It's been a month and a half since I called Gina's best friend, Ashlyn and told my parents that I just want them to be my parents. Now, my assistant, Antoine is helping me sign to a new record label, get a new house, and some studio time.

I am so thankful for him. He's not just an assistant with an annoying accent anymore.

But for now, I'm living in my mansion till Gina's Prom.

Life is okay. I guess.

I plan on writing her another song and an apology speech but for now I'm just clearing my head and playing video games.

Her Prom is in two weeks.

So, no big deal right?

I still miss her everyday and hope she's okay though.

"Hey Ricky, I have a plan to see Gina again. Thank you so much for giving me Ashlyn's number," I said a bit too loudly over the headset since we were shooting bad guys in COD again like we normally would if I would've been on my tour bus right now.

Unfortunately, for me, my best friend is still mad at me for throwing Gina under the bus in an interview but I am going to show him that I have changed for the better soon.

"You better shape up and get some sense into your head. I'm only playing COD with you because Red is working today," I hear Ricky grumble from the headset.

"Ok. Fair but , I promise you that I am a new man and I won't do something like that to a girl again," I mumble through the headset while playing with my controller.

"Hey guys, my mom let me off my shift early! I missed you Jay, where have you been these past few months? You've been offline and missed so much," I suddenly hear Red on the headset and remember that he doesn't know that I'm famous.

Oh. Well this could go one of two ways.

The good way or maybe he won't recognize my voice over the headset.

"Girl stuff," I mumble and hope he doesn't catch on to my voice.

"I know same bro, that girl Ashlyn whom I was talking about last time we played. Well, she ditched me and said she doesn't want to go to that E.J Spazwell concert because he's a jerk. Now I don't have a Prom date and I am officially in no man's land," I listen to Red rant angrily on my headset then start to spit out my soda out of my mouth that I was drinking earlier.

What the heck? Ashlyn must love Gina so much she's going to prom with her.

"You okay Jay? Girl problems too?" I hear Red's concerned voice through the the headset as I try to get back to focusing on playing the video game.

All of a sudden I hear Ricky start laughing on the headset, so I just take the headset off and put it offline mode.

I don't want to deal with this right now. I lay back on my bed and sigh.

I have one month and 2 weeks to write Gina a song and I already know my apology speech.

I just need more time to be alone and think.

"Hey E.J, can I come in?" I notice that my assistant, Antoine is standing at my doorway holding his notepad.

I didn't even realize that he knocked.