Chapter 11: "Are you okay?"

E.J's POV:

After a few minutes of awkward silence between Gina's parents and I, I finally get the courage to excuse myself from the table to check on Gina.

"Um excuse me Mr and Mrs. Porter, I'm going to go check on Gina," I take my plate like Gina did before and stand up from my seat.

"You can leave the dish son, you've said enough already," I hear her dad say as I place my napkin on the chair I was sitting on.

I look back at the table and see her mom smiling at me and nodding her head. She doesn't seem as bad as Gina thinks she is. She just overworks herself  to pay medical bills as what I heard.

After a moment, I quickly go back to the table and smile at Gina's mother and take my hat before leaving to head up the stairs to Gina's bedroom.

Gina's door is closed as expected, so I sit down against her door and wait for her to finish showering and getting ready to go to bed since I have nowhere else to go.

After half an hour of checking my watch repeatedly and listening to her parents fight downstairs I finally hear her blow dryer stop and see her door open a bit.

She's wearing a teddy bear sweatshirt and sweatpants. She has her hair up in a bun. It looks like she's been crying since her are red and puffy. I wanna hug her but I know that its weird since I've been sitting at her door. If I left her house I would've get caught by a paparazzi and that wouldn't be good.

"Oh hi I didn't know that you waited here, I was just going downstairs to get a snack since my glucose reading is low and I ran out of my emergency snacks in my room," I hear her mumble in a quiet voice

"Um your parents are fighting. I wouldn't go down there," I say to her and try to hug her but she walks down the hall instead.

"Oh, well then we'll just have to sneak downstairs and hope they are in another room," I hear Gina say quietly as I follow her.

"Are you okay? You look like you've been crying in the shower," I ask her but she just keeps on walking to the kitchen and crossing her arms then she does something weird and puts her hands together as if she's cold.

"I'm just peachy" I hear her whisper to me as we're going down the stairs quietly.

She's said that before when I slept over last night.

"Are you cold?" I whisper to her since I think she wants to change the subject and she's tucked her hands into her sleeves.

"A little bit but it's normal I'm cold blooded," I hear her whisper as we keep going down the stairs..

"Here take this," I take off my hoodie and hand it to her.

I'm just standing on the stairs in a grey shirt but that's okay.