Chapter 28: "Screw him!"

A/N: unedited

*******************
Gina's POV:

It's been the hardest month and a half of senior year ever but I have my friends and that's all I need right now.

Yesterday, there were two big Prom proposals on the football field and they were shown on the big tv screens in the hall. I just walked away while Carlos and Seb watched.

I told Ash I would go to Prom with her because it's our last chance before we go off to college to hang out but now I'm not so sure about it. Everyone is going to have a date except for me and Ashlyn ditched her date for me.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from FIT because Kourt got her acceptance letter yesterday but didn't want to shove it in my face because she knows I'm still waiting.

I don't care if my dad doesn't  want me to go, I'll find a way to go.

"Gi, I know that it's past the acceptance letter date but you can't just frown and check social media all the time to see if other people got in," I feel Ashlyn nudge my shoulder since we're doing homework in my bedroom.

I'm glad the paparazzi have stopped looking for me at school and at my house but it just feels like a pit in my stumach. I can barely take care of my diabetes without thinking about E.J and what I taught him about it.

"I'm going to do so until I hear back from FIT," I keep staring at my phone.

"Ok, well have you eaten a snack at all since we started homework?" I feel Ash nudge my shoulder.

"I'm not hungry stop bothering me about my diabetes," I mumble to her while staring at Instagram and seeing people post acceptance letters to colleges.

"I didn't say anything about your diabetes, I'm just wondering if you ate a snack," I see Ash take my phone away.

"I said I'm not hungry and that's my phone," I try to take it back from her but she holds it away from me.

"This isn't healthy, looking at other people getting into colleges," I watch her put my phone in her pocket.

"Hey Gina, something came for you in the mail, this might be it," I see my mom walk into my bedroom unannounced holding an envelope.

"I'm too scared to open it, it might be a rejection letter since I've been waiting so long. Ash, open it for me please," I forget that she has my phone and lean my head on my desk.

"Are you sure you want me to open it?" I feel Ashlyn nudge me.

"Just open it please," I mumble and watch her open it.

"Oh my gosh! Gina, you got in. You got a full ride scholarship to FIT. You are going with Kourt! I am so proud of you. Aghhhhhhhhh! My best friend is going to be the next big dress designer!" I feel Ashlyn squeeze me tightly and then my mom hugs me unexpectedly.

I stand up and hug them both tightly and start to tear up.

"Gi, baby why are you crying?" I hear my mom while I hug her.

"Don't worry mom, they are happy tears," I wipe them away and look at Ashlyn holding the acceptance packet.

"Let me see that," I take the packet from Ashlyn and start reading through it and flipping through the acceptance packet excitedly. 

This is the best thing that has happened to me since E.J left me on that beach, well besides Kourt, Ash, Seb and Carlos doing Prom stuff for me.

"I'll go get a cake from the supermarket to celebrate since it's a special occasion, I trust you two girls not to throw a party while I'm gone," I see my mom smile as I look up from the acceptance packet.