75: Lucerne Island

She slided open the study door. She had purposely try to catch him before he could wake up. She shook him up. He opens his eyes a little, and when he saw her. He got a little annoyed and closed back his eyes. He turned his back against her.

She sat down beside his futon " let's go. I will bring you to Lucerne Island. The place where I met your aniki, keiro. I will tell you everything."

Kyoya: no more secrets.

Nanako: um. Anything and everything you want to know.

----------------------------------

They reached a pier where a lot of delivery goods arrive. A small boat reached the pier they were at. The owner was a middle aged man, Peter.

Peter: been long since I've seen you. Lady. You used to come so often. Something better on the land here?

Nanako just gave a gentle smile " um. It has something here, I don't have there."

Peter: the lad, it?

Nanako nods " um. I will show you my kids' photos later."

Peter: kids even. I must try harder.

Nanako and kyoya gets onto the boat. It starts to drive to its destination.

Kyoya: so where are we going?

Nanako: Lucerne Island. A place for protection, shelter and to disappear. People know about us, but don't know where it is. If anyone leaks about us, death comes upon them.

Kyoya: I see.

Nanako: the island has its own system. Everyone gets a new chance of life there.

Kyoya: so you help them in exchange for money?

Nanako: no... just make deals, for anyone who wants another chance at life.

Kyoya: and you use the deals to help your father?

Nanako: sometimes. Mostly... to have assets to threaten other people with. I leave these threatening stuff to my agents.

kyoya: your agents? You are a head then.

Nanako: ... Kyoya... I own the island. My mother passed it to me before she died. She invented this island. Threatened others with the deals she made to strengthen her mafia. She gave it to me... so I could have my own paradise.

" but you found yours, here. With me." he stroked her cheek with his thumb as he cupped it. She nods meekly " you're not angry with me anymore?"

Kyoya smiled gently " no. Because that guy said, you preferred to be here with me, than there."

" kyoya..." she hugged him.

------------------------------------------------

They reached the island as the boat docked. There wasn't only one boat available. But a few small boats and two big ships. They alighted and walked further into the island.

They arrived at the entrance, and they were met with the bustling of the town. Like a small little town but everyone seemed to be warm and friendly as they sat in front of stores chatting or were chatting with the store owners.

" Lady." A middle-aged man approached them. His name was Bierto, " you're back. Your place is cleaned again for you to come back. You were not back for quite some time. Welcome, Master. I am Bierto. I am Lady's butler."

They sat in the rover car and it drove on the sand road up to the building on of the hills.

________________________________

She pushed open the doors in and entered . He follows her in.

It was quite of a big place. It was a two level house that had several rooms. A big study. A dance hall. All the commons a big house had.

Nanako : welcome home ?

Kyoya : quite of a big place. Can't be compared to the base of course.

Nanako : vongola has a lot of people , plus subordinates. It's a place to live plus operations. For us , the operations is at another place.

Kyoya : so who manages here when you're not in ?

Nanako ; I have a person. A person who loves this place & will do anything to protect it. He's the big no. 2 in the island. I bring him more people to settle and manage.

Kyoya : I see.

Nanako : how long do you want to stay ?

He cups her waist in " worried I know more about you ?"

Nanako: no !! I just... Thought you'd prefer to go back. I could be here for days !! I used to anyway... Whenever I'm not called for jobs.

Kyoya : well... It is just the two of us... A few months ?

Nanako: how about the kids ?!!

Kyoya ; they'll survive.