38: The Empress Like Mother

Mike : that is... What happened.

Nanako : vent out yet ?

Mike : gomen. I know they're going to count it on your head.

Nanako sighs and slides her phone across the table. He takes the phone up and reads the message " wuuu... This is going to be annoying."

Nanako ; I can't not go.

Mike : I'll go with you.

Nanako : forget it . You can't even enter the room .

Mike : be careful then.

Nanako : I pray I don't shoot her brains out. I'm this close to being violent.

Kyoya enters the room " Nanako. Lunch. It's rare you actually forget lunch. "

Nanako : eh ? I ordered food.

Kyoya : come have lunch with me. Now.

She stands up " but... I have things to do."

Kyoya: leave those things to that guy. He's paid.

Nanako : it's not vongola. It's... Family... Thing...

Mike : she has to go meet someone else's mother. The first wife of her dad. Cocky like an empress she is, I heard.

Kyoya held onto her hand " I'll go with you." He strokes her eyebrows " don't frown anymore. I won't let anyone bully you. " She pouts " kyoya... You're so nice to me... "

Kyoya smiles

Nanako : what if I become a lamb ?

" Then I'll be the big bad wolf. So you'll be mine. " And he pulls her along.

Mike: ugh. Telling me I need to find a girlfriend?
____________________________________

Kyoya spots the woman sitting in the cafe " that's her ? "

Nanako nods " she's a bit ... Troublesome."

Kyoya: you're scared of her ?

Nanako: no. Just ...

He held her waist and pushed her nearer to his side " you have me." She nods " um. I have kyoya. "

They enter the cafe and walks up to the table of the woman they're supposed to meet. This woman's name was Erika.

Erika: at least you didn't keep me waiting.

Nanako : Erika-sama.

Erika : Hibari ? You brought him ? *Laughs* you really try to keep up the farce your father created. We all know, this thing isn't real.

Kyoya : I underestimated when you said she was bossy

Erika : excuse me ?

Nanako : Erika-sama. Why did you call me here ?

Kyoya pulled a chair out and seats down. Erika watches as he seats down and showed a face of disbelief. But she just kept quiet anyway. He pulls out another chair beside him " Nanako. " He tugged onto Nanako's hand.

Erika : I didn't say you can seat.

Kyoya pulls Nanako's hand in so she would come closer to him.

" what ?" She asks in a soft voice.He wraps his arm around her and pulls her around , pushing him to seat onto his lap.

" kyoya! " She says a little embarrassed. He looks back with arrogance to Erika's face of huge anger.

Erika : Nanako is my daughter. She's not yours to control.

Nanako : I'm your daughter?

Erika : ahem. Yes . Now. This is a family matter. You need to leave. Now.

Nanako : kyoya is my family. He's my husband. He is more close to family than you ever was.

Kyoya : what is your matter of concern ? Erika.

Erika : Erika-san at least !!!

Nanako : what do you want ? Erika-sama.

Erika : I want you to leave my sons alone.

Nanako : then tell your sons to leave my children alone.

Erika ; you earned some guts just because you think you left us ? You will never, get to leave us.

Nanako clenched her fist in anger. He notices and answered " she already has." And he pushes her slightly off her lap. He held onto her hand and led her to leave.

____________________________________

In the car...

Kyoya : Nanako.

Nanako : hm ?

Kyoya : don't meet them without me next time.

Nanako : it's ok. It's my thing.

Kyoya ; no. I'm not letting them bully you. No. You hear me ? Promise me you won't see them without me .

Nanako: .... Ok.

He pats her head " good girl." She lies in his lap " you're so nice to me "