55: An Embarrassing Mistake

Hayama : my daughter came to find you to save me ? Hahaha... She hated my shady side. And she knows you ?

Kyoya : old men sure talk a lot.

.
.
.

Hayama: vongola... You're hibari kyoya. Aren't you ?

Kusakabe: looks like you weren't detached from the underworld even though you claimed so.

" bad habits you see." Hayama sighed " I'm a bad father. I thought she hated me."

Kyoya : that's not possible

Hayama: I heard you got into an arranged marriage. My wife and I was like so too. She thinks we were never in love because we were arranged in a marriage. A boss's daughter and a gangster in a suit. Ha... That's one way of tying people to you.

Kyoya: that's you.

Hayama laughed a little " is that so ? "

Kyoya: what did you do ?

Hayama : I had to leave her mother to die . She didn't want her hands on something that important. She asked us to leave while she served as a distraction. Saika hated me for that. Of course... I never told her that her mother told me to leave her there. I only told her ... We had to leave her mother.

Kyoya: this is the same thing you're being captured for ?

Hayama: hai. I thought changing our names and running away would have been enough. I guess the past, do always catch up with you.

Kusakabe: they always do.

Kyoya: saika would be happy to know you're ok. Want to give her a call ?

Hayama : it's fine. Instead... Your wife... Is nanako. Hai ?

Kyoya rolled his eyes and kept quiet.

Hayama : I want to see her.

Kyoya: for what ?

Hayama: protective... I didn't expect that. I heard about the arrangement, but I didn't think the relationship between you two would...

Kyoya : mind your own business.

Hayama: I just need to see her.

Kyoya: not without my permission.

Hayama : to have her offer me the same thing she used to.

__________________________________

Saika runs to kyoya " where's my father ?!"

Kyoya: he had some matters to talk to my wife. So he went. He's safe.

Saika : matters ?

Kyoya : um.

" Oh... " She then looks to him " kyoya... " She hugs him " arigatou." He was a little shocked by her sudden move " saika..." He pushes her away.

Saika: I know what kind of person you like now. If I say... I can accept... The dark side of you... Do you think...

Kyoya; saika. I'm married.

Saika : you don't care. You still like that girl! Nanako. It must be a special arrangement you had with your wife.

Kyoya laughed a little.

Saika: what... ?

Kyoya: nanako, is my wife.

Saika : what... I thought... I thought...

Kyoya : thought she's what ?

Saika felt a bit bad " that... She's like... Your butler... Or something... "

Kyoya : I guess she's a bit like one. Always cooped up in the kitchen or garden. Cooking or playing with her butterflies.

Saika : ... You really... Really... Love her ?

Kyoya : I told you, didn't I ?

Saika : I thought... it's just something you said for face... That you just didn't want anyone to find out that it's fake between you.

Kyoya: it was fake at first. But it's real now. Very real.

Saika : I see... You love her for her ?

Kyoya: of course I do.

Saika : she's a lot like me. You don't see my shadow in her ?

Kyoya smirked " I fell in love with her for the exact same reason you rejected me for. Not because I saw you in her. She has a very attractive dark side you don't know about. "

Saika : I see... *Smiles* I'm happy you're in bliss.