63: I Don't Know What To Think

"ja jang !" Eseri placed a recorder onto the table.

akira: what's this?

eseri: what else? The truth. You always thought that she was being ridiculous when she told you why she couldn't be with you right?

akira: what? You went to find her?

eseri: relax. It's not like I went to threaten her or anything. Have you forgotten what I work as?

akira looks to her again with an 'exactly' look.

eseri: not fair. I didn't mean that part of my job. Not the scary negotiation part of my job. The reading people part.

akira picks up the recording " this... is the truth...?"

eseri: it's up to you to hear it.

_____________________________________

Nanako entered his bedroom "kyoya...?"

kyoya: nanako.

nanako: are you still... angry at me?

kyoya: not sure. You used me as a tool and you know I really hate that. But... if you didn't have that kind of idea, we may have never met. I wouldn't have fallen in love with you.

nanako: gomen. It's enough hard to find a family who has a child who does not follow what their father does yet is still in mafia. Even harder to find one that isn't under the influence of Erika's nee-san's and would agree to such a meaningless wedding.

kyoya: I was perfect. Someone who doesn't mind you disappearing. Doesn't give a shit about my father's benefits.

nanako: .... um. Gomen.

kyoya: I really hate that part about you.

nanako:.... gomen. I didn't actually expect myself to...

kyoya: to what?

She went over and squatted in front of him so that his gaze would look down upon her " to... fall in love with you. I was going to disappear with my babies that night. To the island Lucerne has. Then you said you would protect us. To that fragile me that I didn't think I could be. So afraid someone would take them from me." She laid her head onto his lap " I felt safe when you offered me."

She looked up once again " then we lived together as a family for a while. That's when I slowly fell in love."

"you..." he raised her chin " were going to marry akira. Weren't you?"

She smiled a little " you think I'm lying to you. I was going to. If you let me go that night, I would have. But you made me stay... I didn't know love could change like that either." He closes his eyes trying to process what she just said.  He responded by standing up and leave.

nanako: kyoya...