003

OH YUN-BI is about to cross the pedestrian lane in front of the school. It's only 7:15 am which is pretty early but she's such a morning person and walking early in the morning just makes her feel so much better.

Once she reached their classroom, she was about to open the door but it won't budge. "I forgot the doors were being locked at night. Who even has the key?"

Yun-bi decided to wait on one of the benches outside the building. She reached out for her phone from her pocket and decided to check the messages.

There was a message sent in their group chat for the dance club.

Short meeting later during lunch time!! Let's plan for the performance for the National Foundation Day celebration.

After that, she scrolls through twitter for few minutes until she saw a familiar figure walking towards her direction.

"Su-hyeok! Does Nam-ra has the key for the classroom?" She asks him once he was close enough.

"I actually have it since I'm always the first one to arrive," he replies to her.

Yun-bi smirks at him. "Well, not anymore. I beat you to it."

He only smiled at her enthusiasm before leading the way to their room.

After few more minutes the others arrive one by one as the start of class nears. And once the clock reached 8 am, the bell rang which signifies the start of classes. Ms. Park came in and collected their phones before proceeding to the class.

After few more periods, lunch time came. Yun-bi went straight to the assigned room for dance club since she's not that hungry plus they said it would be a short one.

Once she entered the room, the president and the two other seniors are already there. The meeting immediately started once everyone gathered.

"So everyone will be performing a total of two songs, except for us, the seniors. We will be performing another song since this will be our last year here," she announces then dismissed us after answering few questions.

Just before Yun-bi walks out of the room, she heard a voice call her. "Oh Yun-bi, I forgot to mention. Since I really like your dancing, you'll be performing with the three of us on the last song," the president informs her. Yun-bi smiled and nodded in response but it dropped when she caught the eye of other students who are looking at her with envy in their eyes.

She hated that. Seeing people envy her. It makes her feel like she's taking something away from them. The same reason why she passed on so many opportunities in the past.

Before she could fall in the hole of negative thoughts, she was reminded of what she is here for.

She wanted something new and different. She will choose herself first.

"Thank you, I'll do my best!" She replies to her seniors.

Yun-bi proceeded to the canteen after that. She decided to sit again with Nam-ra and trying to make small talks with their class president. She finds Nam-ra to be a really cool person to talk to despite being buried in her books all day.

***

OH YUN-BI arrived at school around the same time as yesterday. But this time, she decides to just wait outside their room instead since Su-hyeok will probably arrived any time soon.

After a couple of minutes, Yun-bi heard steps from her left and when she looked, she saw Su-hyeok walking towards her with two cups of cold drinks in his hands.

As soon as he reached her, he handed her one without a word then proceed to opening the doors.

Yun-bi only stared as him in shock and confusion, but before she could ask, he turned to her direction. "That's yours. I hope you drink iced coffee in the morning," he says as he walks inside, not giving her a chance to reject his offer.

She followed closely behind him. "Thank you but you don't really have to do it. You know what, I'll buy you food for the morning break," she suggests to him.

"No need, really. That's your reward for beating me as the first one in class," he tries to reason out. Trying to avoid telling her that he just wanted to treat her.

"Hmm okay, but don't do this anymore," she warns him before proceeding to her own seat.

The day went by quickly and before Yun-bi knows it, she's standing in the middle of their practice room. They started practicing today for the event next Friday since they could only go for about an hour each day.

So far, she's really enjoying her time in this club. It may be the best decision she had done yet after quitting being a trainee. She feels welcomed by everyone, especially by their seniors who would give her compliments every once in a while.

"Okay guys, that's it for today. The goal for tomorrow is to complete learning the two songs that you will be performing so I suggest practicing in your home as well," the club president says before dismissing everyone.

***

OH YUN-BI stares at herself in front of the full-size mirror in her room. It has been a long time since she took time to look at herself. She gained some weight, that's for sure. That's what she needed though. For the first time in a while, she let herself just enjoy the moment and things around her. So far, all has been great.

"Grandma, I'm off to school," she informs her grandmother as she gives the old lady a kiss on the cheeks.

"Isn't it too early, your class starts at 8, honey."

"You know I love morning grandma, and it feels good to be at school when there's not many students yet," she replies as she picks up her bag and walks to the front door.

The old lady smiles at the young girl's enthusiasm. She loves seeing her granddaughter happy and contented. "Whatever makes you happy sweetheart."

Yun-bi has been walking for 10 minutes when she passes by a café that sells breakfast meals. The memory of Su-hyeok bringing her coffee yesterday comes back and brought an idea to her.

"He buys me coffee then I'll buy him a breakfast," she tells herself before walking inside the café.

After another 10 minutes of waiting, her order of two cheesy egg toast. She was just supposed to buy one, but it looks so good that she also bought another. Maybe Su-hyeok could share it to Dae-su or Gyeong-su or Cheong-san. She thinks those three are the closest people he has.

When Yun-bi arrives at their classroom, Su-hyeok was already there, just using his phone.

She smiles to herself as she sneaks into him. She places the paper bag in his desk then immediately run to her chair only to stop when she saw a cup of iced coffee in her desk.

Yun-bi slowly turns her head to him. "I told you not to do it anymore," she says to the guy who's also shock that she brought her food.

He was about to reply when I-sak entered the room. The two immediately looked away from one another while I-sak only stared at them. "Well, looks like someone finally caught Su-hyeok's attention," she thought to herself before sitting on her respective seat.

LEE SU-HYEOK was still lost in his thoughts when the other students start coming one by one. Some are even catching their breath when they reached their seats.

He suddenly felt a pain in the back of his head and when he turned, he saw Dae-su smiling at him cheekily. "Yah, why did -- " he was just about to call him out when Dae-su interrupted him.

"Is that food?! Where did you get that?" Dae-su says as he reaches to the paper bag.

Su-hyeok was about to slap his hand away when he felt the stare of other students, even hers. He immediately retrieves his hand and just let Dae-su take one.

He doesn't know why but he always cares about whether she would like his actions or not. All he knows is that he wanted to keep talking to her. And that's what he's planning to do.

Skipping two sessions of after school class wouldn't hurt right?

***

note // hi! thank you for giving this story a chance and i hope you're liking this story so far!!