009

OH YUN-BI slowly stands from her place and was about to start looking for a weapon she can use when she hears a small squeal. She immediately steps back when she saw a lab hamster by her feet. She doesn't how long it has been there, but she just decided to avoid it. She doesn't want to mess with any of Mr. Lee's things and take any chances.

She carefully walks towards the table, observing the things around her. Sha gasps when she saw a smudged blood on the floor just behind the chair. Yun-bi was about to brush it off when she caught a glance of a baseball bat that is leaning in the corner. She immediately grabbed it, but once light hits its surface she saw hints of blood there as well.

She was about to put it back and just look for another weapon when she heard the remaining zombies in the room run towards the window.

They probably heard noises from that direction.

Yun-bi tightens her hold on the bat as she decided to take this opportunity to get out of the room she was trapped in. She slowly opened the door. Once she successfully opened it without making any noise, she starts exiting the science lab, but still keeping her eyes on the zombies who are frantically reaching for something by the window.

When she steps outside, she looked in both directions before deciding to run for the closest staircase. A zombie notices her and suddenly runs towards her, but she was able to hit it in the head with the bat she was holding tightly. She felt relief as she witnesses it hit the floor but that did not last long as it was able to stand back up immediately.

She hits it one more time in the head before deciding to just run off.

Couple more zombies runs to her even before she could reach the stairs. She would hit them in the head as strong as she could. Or sometimes, she would go for their legs to make them stumble and get out of the way before they fall on the ground.

When she reached the stairs, she run down as fast as she could without tripping. She did not encounter anyone by the stairs but what awaits her on the next floor was far more than she would want.

The ones standing by the end of the hallways turns in her direction and mindlessly started attacking her.

This time, she did not only use the bat in her hand as multiple of them would attack her at once. Yun-bi would kick some that would try to grab her leg and uses her body to push off the ones that would just run directly at her.

Once she successfully pushes everyone away from her, she continued running down the next floor.

Yun-bi felt a relief when she did not see anybody by the hallway and was about to run directly to the broadcasting room when a body suddenly slams from her side.

This caused her to drop the bat from her grip. She sits back up as fast as she could and glances at the bat that is few meters away from her. She was about to reach for it when the zombie attacks her even before she could stand again.

The actions caused her to lay on her back as it was attacking her. She held her arms in front of her, holding it by the shoulder to keep it away from biting her. The blood from its large wound on the neck trickles down to Yun-bi's arm.

She glances back to the bat and saw that it is now close to her. She grabs it with her right hand and immediately swings it to the zombie's head.

Yun-bi saw that the bathroom on this floor is open so she runs for that even before the zombie could stand back up.

She leans her back to the door, blocking it just in case the zombie slams the door.

After few minutes, Yun-bi hasn't heard any movement outside and realized that it was probably gone. She was about to open the door when she felt her legs wobble before she collapses on the floor.

The adrenaline flowing through her body a while ago slightly wears off and she started to feel really tired from all the running and fighting they had to do.

She glances at her hand and realize that there is blood all over her arms from the zombies. She gets up and walk towards the sink and immediately tries to clean it off.

Yun-bi rolls her sleeves when she realized that it even seep in through her clothes. She cleans her arm and face from all the traces of blood before she decided to drink the water flowing from the faucet, just then realizing that she was feeling so dehydrated and hungry.

She looks around the bathroom for anything she could use to store water and bring it to the group but there's none.

After few more minutes of looking, she gives up and sits by the door. She was trying to gain energy that she would surely need to get back with the group.

***

OH YUN-BI finally gets the courage to continue her journey back to the group. She held the baseball bat with both of her hands, ready to swing at any moment in case a zombie attacks her.

She successfully made it out of the bathroom without making a noise. She sighs in relief as she hadn't seen any zombie so far, but this immediately change once she turns left to face the hallways to the broadcasting room.

A lone zombie was facing the window, away from her direction.

Yun-bi glances at the door of the broadcasting room that is just few rooms away from where she is. Thankfully, most rooms have closed doors. It doesn't guarantee that no one else would attack her but at least that lessens the amount she has to worry about.

She thought about just running for it, but they may already barricade the door. "If maybe I could just make a distraction somewhere else," she thought to herself.

An idea suddenly comes to her mind, she carefully went back to the bathroom and picked up the trashcan that was placed under the sink. She went back out and dropped it by the staircase, making sure that it would reach as far as it could.

The one by the window immediately run after the sound it created. Yun-bi was about to run towards the broadcasting room when few more zombies run towards the stairs. Thankfully, she was able to hide by the walls on time.

Once she made sure no one else is on the hallway, she makes a run for it but still keeping the noises she makes as little as she can.

However, due to the heightened senses of the infected ones, they sensed her when she was just few meters away from the broadcasting room.

Yun-bi reached the door and tries to open it but there was something blocking it. She tried to alert the people inside as quietly as possible by knocking continuously. "Hey, it's me! Open the door," she says quietly.

Yun-bi keep glancing by the stairs where she just came from as she hears fast footsteps approaching from there. And just after few moments, zombies started appearing one by one.

She stands away from the door, preparing to swing the bat at any moment they would reach her.

One of the zombies is leading the others towards her and is closer than the rest of them.

Yun-bi was about to hit it with a bat when someone suddenly pulls her arm towards the room.