024

OH YUN-BI was leaning on Su-hyeok's shoulder who's sleeping on her left when she heard a heavy breathing. She glances on the direction of the sound and saw Nam-ra leaning closely to Su-hyeok as she stares intensely at the guy.

Yun-bi was immediately alerted at the unfamiliar expression on their class president's face. "Nam-ra," she mutters, calling the girl's attention.

Nam-ra quickly looks to her with visible shock on her face. It's like she just snapped out of her thoughts.

Yun-bi watches as Nam-ra turns to the other side and bit her arm. This sudden movement caused Su-hyeok, who was sitting between them, to wake up from his nap.

"What happened?" He whispers to the Yun-bi who moves close to Nam-ra and wraps her arms around the girl.

"It's fine. You're okay," she says, trying to comfort the girl.

Nam-ra shakes her head, still keeping her face away from the two. "It's not okay."

"It is. We're so close to getting out of here. Once we're out, we'll be fine," Yun-bi states. Nam-ra did not say a word. She knows well that there will never be a normal life to go back to after this.

Yun-bi kept her embrace from the girl until they saw Ha-ri and Mi-jin walking towards them after looking around for a way they can get out.

Su-hyeok decided to put a cloth around Nam-ra's head to cover her eyes that still hasn't gone back to normal after what happened earlier. Yun-bi went back to her seat as the two seniors explains.

"I think that's the only way out of here," Joon-yeong says, pertaining to the side of the building where Mi-jin went to.

Mi-jin shakes her head in response. "We can't. There are exposed steel bars back there so we can't jump down."

"That faces the side of the school, so there's no point in going down there," Ha-ri explains as she looks on the other side of the building.

"The ground is filled with zombies right now. We for sure cannot outrun them if we go down," Yun-bi adds as she still hears the continues growling of the zombies from a distance.

"There's a door on the first floor that leads back to the mountain. I think that's where we have to go."

"But it's full of zombies in there," Dae-su states after hearing what Ha-ri just said.

"Can't we reach the roof if we climb that and the window?" Cheong-san suggests as he point at the tarpaulin hanging above them. "If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow. Then the first floor will be empty, and the rest can escape."

"I think that's a good idea," Su-hyeok agrees.

"Maybe I can do that --" Yun-bi starts but was immediately interrupted by Su-hyeok.

"No."

She turns to him with a frown on her face. "But you just said that might work. I was already bitten anyways so maybe that's fine --"

This time, On-jo stops her. "No."

"I mean, if that's the only way --"

"I said no. Please, let's not have anyone sacrifice themselves again," she says as she looks at each one of them.

Hyo-ryung nods her head. "I'm against the idea too. We promised to survive together."

"Me too. I feel the same," Dae-su adds.

"So do I," Wu-jin agrees as well.

Mi-jin sighs after realizing they already run out of ideas. "Let's wait for now."