006

LEE SU-HYEOK tried to finish his lunch fast so he could go and visit Yun-bi in the infirmary.

As he stands up, his eyes met On-jo's. He immediately looked away, feeling awkward to look at her after she just gave him her name tag.

He decided to just brush it off and add his plate to the pile of empty plates of other students.

He was already in the middle of the bridge that connects their building and the canteen's when he saw Yun-bi frantically running towards him and shouting for him to run.

Su-hyeok was confused but followed her as soon as she passes by and pulled him. Soon, he heard growls at their back and when he turned, he saw gruesome scene of students with blood all over them and attacking the others who would come their way.

The two continued to run down the stairs to get away from those students as much as they can. They continuously try to find a safe spot until they saw a gardener at the top of a ladder that is also being attacked.

They came into a halt, just staring at the scene unfolding in front of them.

Suddenly, an idea came into Su-hyeok's head. He immediately run for the ladder and positioned it right beside the school building.

Su-hyeok turned to Yun-bi and held her gaze. "I'll go up first and make sure it's clear," he said then looked up to see that it reaches up to their classroom. "Come up as soon as I told you to."

With that he immediately run up the ladder and tried to open the window. Thankfully, some of their classmates are already there and helped him up.

"Hurry, it's clear," he shouts at the girl at the bottom of the ladder then reached out his hand to grab her as soon as he can.

Yun-bi was able to hold his hand and get up on the window before the ladder fall over when someone run over it.

"Are you okay?" Su-hyeok asks breathlessly which she answered with a nod.

He fell on the ground as soon as he made sure the girl was okay. "It's that, isn't it?" He says, still catching his breath. "Zombies."

***

OH YUN-BI was still catching her breath from all the running they had gone through.

Gyeong-su and Joon-yeong were holding the doors closed. Making sure it won't open despite all the banging of the zombies outside. Everyone else started looking for cellphone but Yun-bi remained in her sit.

Everything that's happening still hasn't settled on her mind. She cannot believe they are in the middle of a possible zombie apocalypse.

"I found one!" Yun-bi heard I-sak exclaimed after finding a phone. The other gathered around her, also eager to call for help.

This made Yun-bi come back to her senses and remember that she wasn't able to give Ms. Park her phone since she was in the infirmary.

When she got it, they were already in a call, so she decided to keep it in her pocket. Just in case they needed an extra one.

Everyone remained listening as On-jo comes closer to Cheong-san who's now on the call. "Hello? I'm at Hyosan High School. Students just started biting and attacking other students. Everyone turned into zombies."

"You can't say 'zombies'. They won't believe you." On-jo informs Cheong-san who then tried to explain it more than just saying the word.

Everyone was also focusing in the conversation despite not hearing the reply of the person on the other end of the call.

"This isn't a prank. Everyone's.. anyway, come quickly," Cheong-san says, now frustrated and don't know what else to say to convince them further.

Yun-bi sighs in frustration as they realize that they are not being taken seriously by the police.

After a while, On-jo decided to call the fire department to call for his dad. This, however, did not work so she resulted to saying that there is a fire that started in the school.

On-jo tried to call the police again but this time, no one's picking up.

"Hey. Do something," Yun-bi's attention moved to Na-yeon who's now talking to Nam-ra. "Tell Ms. Park or something."

"What are you expecting her to do? Go out and find people to help us?" Yun-bi interrupts Na-yeon, getting pissed at her constant blabbering.

Na-yeon rolls her eyes as she turns to face Yun-bi. "Yah new girl, stop getting involve here. All you have to do is just sit there and be pretty. That's all you do, right?" She says to the girl mockingly.

The others gasp at her comment but Yun-bi stands and was about to walk towards Na-yeon when she felt a tug at the end of her sleeves.

When she turns, she saw Su-hyeok who's trying to stop her. "Don't. You're just wasting your energy," he says in a low voice before glancing at the others. "We called the police, so we just have to wait a little while." Yun-bi only sighs before taking a sit, still obviously pissed off at the girl.

But Na-yeon wouldn't stop from nagging. "But no one's coming! They clearly did not believe Cheong-san earlier!"

Gyeong-su, who was standing by the door, cannot bear any more of the arguments and decided to step in. "Can't you just stop nagging and fighting?"

This did not go well though as Na-yeon's attention only transferred to him. "Why do you think you can be part of this conversation, you fucker."

Gyeong-su walks away from his position as he was triggered by Na-yeon's harsh words. "Bitch, did you just call me fucker?" He says as he started walking towards her.

Dae-su and Wu-jin immediately stops him from coming closer as they saw the annoyance in his face. "Gyeong-su, calm down."

"Stop it. Just go back to the door and hold it, Gyeong-su," Su-hyeok orders him.

He still tries to argue but was already walking back to his position when it suddenly opened, and someone came in.

Everybody tenses and are on alert as they gaze at their teacher, waiting for him to talk.

"Guys, are you alright?" Their gym teacher asks which they only answered with a nod.

He was about to walk towards them when Gyeong-su decided to check on him. "How about you Mr. Kang, were you not bitten?"

The teacher immediately brushes off the question and started giving commands on barricading the doors.

Everybody started doing as he says but Yun-bi remained at her seat. She doesn't know why but she's feeling that something is about to happen.

She looked at the others though and they seem to be fine, so she just decided to help as well. Yun-bi grabbed a table and was about to bring it to the door when her eyes landed on one of Mr. Kang's arms.

At that same time, they suddenly heard On-jo's voice. "Mr. Kang, you were bitten on your arm!"