023

OH YUN-BI wipes off the tear that she didn't even realize rolled down her face.

She felt a hand rubbed on her back. She looks to the person beside her and saw Su-hyeok looking at her sadly. "Come on. We should keep going."

Yun-bi nods her head before picking up the metal rod she didn't realized fell out of her grip. She went back to helping them push the barrier and every once in a while, would hit and push away zombies who are getting close to them.

"Just a little more!" Dae-su exclaims as they get close to the door.

"Untie it," Su-hyeok says as he moves to the side of the barrier that they will open. He tried to get rid of all the zombies who were there as they wait for Dae-su to untie it.

"It's done!" They finally pushed the barrier open so that they could get to the door.

Yun-bi helps in holding off the barrier with the rest of them as Su-hyeok and On-jo tries to open the door. "The door won't open! It must be lock from the outside!" They kept forcing it open, but the door didn't even budge.

The side of the barrier Yun-bi was holding suddenly break from its tie and start to open so she quickly grabbed both of it them pulls it back together.

Su-hyeok saw the incident and quickly came over and help the girl. "Damn it," he exclaims as he hits the zombies that were already climbing the barrier they made. "Are you okay?"

Yun-bi suddenly turns towards him, just then realizing the guy's presence beside her. She was deep in thought as she realized what she just did. "I got stronger," she whispers more to herself than to Su-hyeok. Yun-bi thought she had fully accepted her faith of being infected, but actually seeing how it changes her makes it more real. And it scares her.

It scares her knowing that she will never be normal again. Not the way she wanted to be.

She saw Su-hyeok about to say something but was stopped when light suddenly illuminated on them. They turned to the door and saw On-jo hugs the older guy on the other side of the door.

"Let's get out!" They quickly move away from the barrier and moves out of the door. Cheong-san was the last one to go out and he immediately closed it behind them.

Yun-bi watches as On-jo and her dad hugs, suddenly reminding her of her grandmother. Also, her parents who were in Seoul. She just hopes this virus won't reach there, where the only family she has are in.

"Are you kids, okay?" She heard On-jo's dad asks them which they were only able to answer with a nod. Who can be fine at this situation anyway, but Yun-bi cannot deny the fact that it made her feel a little better.

For the first time since this chaos happened, they only relied on themselves. No one helped them. The people who were supposed to save them even abandoned them without a word.

"Can you all run?" He asks the students.

"Yes."

He sighs in relief before turning towards the further back side of the school where they were planning to go to in the first place. "That's good. If you go through the tennis court and the construction site, you'll reach the mountain. Right after that is Yangdong," he was about to say more but was interrupted when Cheong-san called for him.

"Mr. Nam!"

Yun-bi turns to where he was looking at and saw a zombie running towards them.

On-jo's dad quickly tackled the zombie and break its leg to prevent it from running after them again. "Run!" He tells them when he heard more footsteps headed to where they were.