020

LEE SU-HYEOK helps Nam-ra as they run since she's still having a hard time because of the continuous thunder and rain. Once they saw the building, he looks behind. Panic suddenly crept in when he didn't see Yun-bi beside Chae-won who was running towards them.

"Where is she?" Su-hyeok asks but the girl did not reply and just continue running to the group. He tries to look further back but did not see anyone coming.

Su-hyeok turns to Nam-ra. "Just go with them. I'll be right back," he says with obvious panic in his voice. The girl immediately understood why and nod at him. He quickly run back to the path they just came from.

***

OH YUN-BI cries in pain when the zombie who was on top of her reached for her arm and bit it. She feels its teeth sinking deeply into her skin when it was suddenly hit from the side which freed Yun-bi.

She looks at the now lifeless zombie who was just trying to eat her few seconds ago. There was a long arrow that hit its neck. Yun-bi glances at the side where it came from and saw four people coming her way, two of them are holding an archery bow as they scope the area for more zombies.

A girl helps her to get up then told her to follow them. They immediately started pacing forward where they saw Wu-jin and Hyo-ryung who were almost got bitten by a zombie if they didn't come on time.

"Yun-bi!" She heard a very familiar voice call her. When she glances at the direction of the voice, she saw Su-hyeok running towards her.

"I'm okay --" she starts but was interrupted when he suddenly pulls her into a hug.

"Wu-jin. Go," they heard the archery girl states as she loads another arrow and prepares to shoot anytime.

Su-hyeok immediately grabs Yun-bi as they try to catch up with the others. He was holding her arm as he guides her.

They were able to catch up with the rest when they reach the entrance of the gym. The group stopped when they were welcomed by the dark place.

"Nam-ra, what's wrong?" Yun-bi heard Joon-yeong says which made her look at the girl despite the pain in the right arm.

"Damn it," the girl says while breathing heavily. "Run away."

Just then, a thunder was heard. It illuminated the gym which shown them what they least expected and needed at the moment.

"Run!"

"Run! Go!"

They exclaim as they all try to look for a place to run into and hide. Yun-bi felt Su-hyeok pull her to the side where everyone else was running to. Once they reached the door to a storage room, Su-hyeok pushed her inside before getting back out to try and help the others.

Once the doors were closed, their heavy breathing is heard throughout the small room they occupy.

Yun-bi leans on the wall behind her as she slides down to sit. Her left hand is clutching her right arm. "Fuck," she mutters to herself.

"Give me your hand," Su-hyeok whispers to her as he pulls her arm from her hold then wraps a white cloth in it.

She watches as he ties it then pulled down her sleeves. "What are you doing?" She asks as she looks at him in confusion.

"You're fine," he answers while looking at her intently. "You won't turn," he mutters more to himself than her. It's like he's convincing himself into believing what he's saying.

Yun-bi decides not to say anything after seeing the frustration in his face. It breaks her heart knowing that it's because of her. She sighs as she settles in her sit beside Su-hyeok, still catching their breaths from the journey they go through to get there.

***

OH YUN-BI feels something weird when she opens her eyes. It was still dark outside and everyone else are sleeping. Feeling a moment of peace even for a short time.

She feels so light-headed and as if she cannot think straight at the moment. She felt the bones in her hands cracking. And suddenly, her nose was filled with a nice smell. Yun-bi cannot explain it but she suddenly felt an extreme hunger. A hunger that is waiting to be resolved by a different meal than she used to crave for.

"Yun-bi," Su-hyeok calls her out.

She has been focusing so hard in stopping herself from doing anything wrong that she didn't realize that he also woke up.

Su-hyeok saw fear in her eyes when she turned towards him. It's as if she has been caught.

He stared at the girl intently when his eyes were caught by the red veins crawling in her neck. His gaze slowly moved there but he remained motionless in his sit.

Yun-bi looks at where his eyes landed and saw red veins in her neck crawling from her right shoulders. Just then, she realizes what was happening. "I'm turning," she mutters as she looks at Su-hyeok's eyes.

"No. It can't be. You've been fine the whole time. You're just a little cold but that's it," Su-hyeok quickly denies.

"Su-hyeok, I just got bit. Maybe the one before doesn't count because --" Yun-bi tries to argue but was caught up when she realizes something. "Wait. I was cold?"

He stares at her, not knowing how to explain it to the girl.

"Tell me. Have I been showing signs even before?" She says with visible confusion in her face. She glances back at him when she didn't hear a response.

Su-hyeok looks at her hesitantly. "When you said you may have colds.. you actually feel a little cold."

"Why didn't you tell me! I could have turned into a zombie and kill all of you!" Yun-bi exclaims in low voice as she tries to stand up to leave but was quickly stopped when Su-hyeok gently pulled her back.

"You don't have to leave. You haven't turned and you never will, just like Nam-ra," he says as he glances at the sleeping girl beside Yun-bi. She didn't say anything. "We're going out of here, right? Then leave a normal life out there."

Su-hyeok reaches out for her hand and hold it tightly. "Come here. Let's rest and we'll get out of here tomorrow," he says as he taps his shoulder for Yun-bi to lean on.