019

OH YUN-BI remain standing on her spot as they were all devastated after the soldiers abandoned them without even explanations.

"They abandoned us, right?" Hyo-ryung states after a while. "No one will come to save us now, right?" No one answers her though, as none of them has the same questions running in their head.

"Why did they do that? Maybe.. maybe they thought we were zombie," Wu-jin says, trying to grasp why they would do that.

Joon-yeong shook his head. "They would've have killed us if that's the case. They wouldn't left without killing us."

Cheong-san suddenly walks to the fire and started smothering it in anger. On-jo tried to stop him but he's too mad at the moment. "It's useless. No one's coming. No one's coming for us now." He then proceeds to destroying the SOS sign that they made during the time they were still hopeful that someone will come and save them.

Suddenly, another thunder was heard from the sky. And as if mocking them, water starts to drizzle.

Nam-ra sat down and covers her ears. Yun-bi quickly walk to the girl, trying to see what happened. "Hey, are you okay?" She asks but Nam-ra remained covering her ears and looking pained. "Is it too loud for you?" This time, she nods her head.

"Here," Su-hyeok says as he held two pieces of rolled cloth from his shirt. Yun-bi immediately understood what he means and took it from his hands. She then helps Nam-ra to place it in her ears.

"Hey. It's raining," Dae-su states after feeling the water drops in his skin.

Yun-bi opens her hands and catches rainwater then drinks it. The others doing the same. Dae-su and Joon-yeong opted to laying on the ground and catching the water directly with their mouths.

Their cries of hopelessness and devastation were overpowered by the continuous pouring of rain and the sounds of the thunder.

***

LEE SU-HYEOK is helping Nam-ra move to the side and lean on the wall when he heard a deep sigh on his side. He turns and saw Yun-bi with a frown on her face as she carefully sits on the floor.

"Hey. Are you alright?" He asks in concern. The girl reaches for his hand and places it in her forehead.

"Yeah. I just feel a little hot. Maybe a cold because of the rain," she answers as she removes his hands from her forehead but remains clasping it on her own.

He was about to ask more questions when Cheong-san started talking.

"Let's get out of here," Cheong-san states which made everyone look at him. "If we take the back door of the auditorium to the tennis court and go through the English center, we can reach the mountain."

"If we do that, we can make it to Yangdong. I went hiking there a few times with my dad," On-jo says, adding to the plan that the guy had.

Wu-jin glances at her anxiously. "Don't you think it's too crazy to try and do that?"

"I'm not going. I'm scared. What if the zombies catch us?" Hyo-ryung adds.

"It's not like someone would come and save us from here. We're the only ones who can save ourselves," Cheong-san says as he looks at each one of them. "Let's go. If anything happens, I'll scream and lead the zombies away."

"Don't say that. Let's all get out of here and survive," Su-hyeok interrupts.

"Because of the rain, all scents are mixed together. The sounds are too loud too. I think this is the best time to get out of here," Nam-ra suddenly states which made everyone look at her.