Work for it.

Rafe PoV

After fucking up so majorly, I decided that I'd try anything to get her back.
By her, I mean Kat.
Obviously.
She'd been avoiding me since the dinner which was two weeks ago, her birthday was approaching as was Sarah's they'll probably have a joint birthday party or something.

She'd be turning 19, I was turning 21.
Not anytime soon though, I'd only just turned 20, my birthday is in December so it feels like I'd only just had a birthday a few months ago.
Well technically a year ago.
She was turning 19 in two days. Two fucking days and she isn't mine.
I needed to talk to her but every time I tried- something would go wrong.
Either she would be with JJ or she'd just completely ignore me.

I'd seen on her Instagram that she was at the new juice bar, it was obviously on our side of town.
Maybe I could just pop by-
Nah that's creepy.
I want to see her though-
Fuck it.
I make my way to the bar, I'd never been in a juice bar before.

Do I even like juice?
By the time I'd actually got into the bar, my mind was distracted by the thought of juice.
There she was, she was sitting with Sage.
Ok.
Just play it cool, just act like she's not there, she'll talk to you first.
Right?

Wrong.
I walk up to the bar, "what can we get you sir?"
A man in a stupid outfit, that resembled a rainbow speaks to me.
"I uh? What do you sell?" The worst thing is, this guy, the guy that resembled a fucking rainbow unicorn on crack was looking at me like I'm stupid.
"Juice" he laughed slightly, shit yeah juice.

"Uhh- I'll just have an orange juice" I pay for it sitting down on the bar stool.
I start to stir the liquid with my straw.
"Rafe what are you doing here?" Sage called me, Kat did nothing but stare at me.
Her expression blank.
"Seeing what the fuss is about" I hold up my cup.

That's when they both start to laugh.
"What?" My brows raise, I felt so stupid, no girl has ever made me feel this way.
I always got what I wanted, it's hard when Kat is defining that every chance she can.
"Fine" I roll my eyes as they both don't speak to me, just laugh at me.

"Most people get a juice like- a mix not just something you can buy in a shop?" Sage finally told me what was so funny.
"Alright? What are you drinking?" I look at Kats drink and she huffs.
"Mango, dragonfruit and cherry" finally she spoke to me.
"Hey- rainbow guy! Can I get what she has put it on Rafe Cameron's tab" the guy takes my cup nodding at me.

"Why do you have to be an asshole all the time?" Kat turns her spiny chair towards me.
I shrug "I have no idea what your talking about?" I smirk slightly.
"Rainbow guy? Really? Is that how your gunna try get in my good books? Little secret- it isn't working" she stands up and Sage follows her.

Fuck.
I get up to catching her, she tries to walk faster when she notices me waking beside her.
"And what makes you think I want to be in your good books?" I state, sure she was right but I dunno, she just assumed and that made me agitated.
I know stupid but it's just how I am.

"Because your here? Trying to talk to me? Word of advice, next time you try stalk someone don't let them see you it's a lot easier that way, at least then the victim doesn't have to put up with your boring ass chat and arrogant comments along the way" she rolls her eyes at me, Sage couldn't help the giggles that escaped her lips.

"You act like I don't have 100 other options ,
I was just trying to enjoy the juice" I tease her.
"Great then you certainly don't need to be talking to me- oh by the way "rainbow guy" has been calling your name for like 5 minutes straight" I'd noticed that we'd stopped walking, we were practically right outside the bar entrance.

That's when I could actually here the guy calling my name.
Shit.
I've blown it, again.
I watch as Kat walks away from me, yet again.
Sage turns quickly running back to me.
"She's real mad at you- I'm not surprised, it took her two days to get the blood from under her nails so try harder"
Kat turns back looking at Sage who was just talking to me.