Study buddy.

I knock at his door.
5pm. Jeremy went home later today.
I wanted to tell him that I was seeing Rafe again, being friends with him.
I just couldn't. He'd be mad.
Rightly so- but I have to see him. I wouldn't be abled to do that if Jeremy knew.

"Hey, can I study here?" I hold up my books and he nods stepping to the side.
I smile a little, the table was set up now, most of the boxes were unpacked too.
"What do you study?" He shut the door following me to the table.
"English literature and Medicine" I place the books on the table, they make a slapping sound as they hit the surface.

"Why am I not surprised?" He smirked a little, I scoff sitting down.
"You need help?" I shake my head and he nods a little.
"You want a coffee?" He offered, I take him up on it. Coffee is sounding really good right now.
"Did you hear about the robberies?" I stand next to him in the kitchen as he boils water.

He was wearing a black suit, he always looks good in a suit.
"Yeah I did" he shook his head in disgust, I'm guessing he wouldn't take kindly if someone broke in here.
"You better watch out-" I warn, his eyes snap to mine in confusion, almost questioning wether I knew something about the robberies.

"And why is that?" He turns his body to face me, stepping forward.
I could feel his body heat, I could smell his dark rich cologne, his minty breath.
So hot-
You have a boyfriend.
"Your a Kook- their only targeting Kook houses, this is very nice house so be careful that's all" I shrug a little bumping my shoulder into his chest as I turn away from him, towards the boiling water.

"That's why I've got this" he pulled his blazer up, showing a gun that was tucked in a pocket inside the jacket.
My eyes widen in fright "what the hell?! Why do you have that?" I look from the gun to him, to the gun to him.
"Relax- I've got a license, it's not even loaded" he took it out placing it on the side.

"See" he showed the bullets in the other pocket.
"Why do you have a gun? Has your Dad got you into something?" Even when Rafe was a druggies or drug dealer he didn't carry a gun.
"No! What's wrong with you?" He scoffed at my accusation.
"I heard about the robberies that's all" he chuckled at my stupidity.

He started to make the coffees.
"Also you can't say anything- you've nearly shot me before" I didn't shoot him! I shot a bullet into the sky, to get everyone's attention. It was harmless.
"I didn't nearly shoot you!" I roll my eyes at the annoying boy.
"I had to talk you down so you wouldn't murder me and my friends" he started to laugh, mocking me, he pushed my coffee towards me.

"Maybe if I had a gun when we went to the movies a few months ago then you wouldn't of left?" I fire back, that would probably be false but it might've changed what happened afterwards.
"It would've happened sooner or later Kat- your answer would've still been the same" he turned cold instantly.

"Yeah I know" I quietly whisper to myself, sipping from my coffee.
I walk away from him sitting at the table, I could feel his eyes watching me.
"Can I put music on? It'll be quiet" he narrowed his eyes at me, he always looked like he was questioning me. Like he didn't know who I was, he was trying to figure it out.
"Sure" I shrug a little.
The silence becoming awkward and hostile.

He turned his record player on playing soft sounding music.
"Who even has a record player these days?" Don't get me wrong- I have one but I just didn't see Rafe as the type to have one.
Not when you can get some new flashy speaker that costs 100 dollars.
"Aren't you meant to be studying?" He sits in front of me, never looking away from my frame.
"I'm sorry sir-" I scoff, acting like my fucking teacher and shit.

His smirk grow slightly "so where have you been working?" I look down at my work quickly, trying to make random conversation.
One that doesn't earn a smirk like that from him.
"A few places- we went to Florida that was nice, real hot girls there too" I try to listen to the best of my ability, my hand writing get rougher as he mentioned being with other people.