Season 4 - Episode 2: Drive-In

TW: Sensitive Topic!!
——————
"Ugh, I'm so bored.."

It was about 5pm and you were currently in your living room, rewatching Hawkeye for the 10th time.

You could invite your dad or aunt and uncles over, but they might be quite busy with their jobs. Unless you invited Jayden.

Speaking of him...

You heard your phone buzz on coffee table in front of your couch. You picked it up and someone ringing you.

jayden <3

You looked at the name with a photo of you and Jayden in the background, smiling. You smiled at the photo. You then answered the phone and held it up to your ear.

"Hey, Y/N!" You heard his voice on the other line, making you smile even more.

"Hey, Jayden! How are you?" You responded.

"I'm good. You?" He replied in a questioning tone. You smiled, "I'm good, thanks."

"So uh, may I ask why you called?" You asked him. "Oh! Right.." Jayden responded.

"Well, uh, since we're both extremely bored in our homes, I was thinking we could go drive around the city and.. go to a drive-in movie maybe?" He suggested. You felt your cheeks heat up, thinking about it. A movie date with your boyfriend, it sounded cute and fun!

"Y/N? You okay?.." Jayden interrupted your thoughts.

"Oh! Sorry, uh..." You thought about his invite for a few moments.

"Y-Yeah! I don't mind coming with you." You responded.

"O-Oh! Okay, great. I'll pick you up at around 7?" Jayden suggested. You nodded, "Yup, sounds good!".

"Alright, I'll see you then!"

"See you then!"
——————
Jayden was currently on his way to pick you up from your apartment complex. You were currently getting ready and.. panicking about what was gonna happen.

"What if he doesn't want to do this anymore and cancels last minute?"

"What if I say or do something stupid?"

"What if I embarrass myself?"

"What if I do something stupid and he doesn't wanna be with me anymore?"

The same nervous thoughts from the first date came back to your head. Since it was your first time going out together as a couple, you were just as nervous as last time. You couldn't stop overthinking.

Until you heard a knock on your apartment door.

You quickly prepared yourself before going over to the door. You then opened it, revealing Jayden, standing there wearing a comfy-casual outfit and a nervous smile. You looked back at him, returning the smile.

"H-Hey..." You greeted nervously.

"Hi!.." Jayden responded with the same amount of nervousness.

"Uh- are you ready to go? It's okay if not." He asked.

"You should've stopped panicking so you could've gotten ready. Idiot..."

"Oh! A-Are you able to wait a few more minutes?" You asked nervously. He nodded with a smile.

"Okay, uh, you can come inside if you want." You said as you stood to the side, letting Jayden walk into your apartment.

"Nice place." He spoke as he glanced around the room. You smiled, "Thanks. Make yourself at home." You said as you closed the door. "A-Anyway's I'm gonna go finish getting ready." You spoke as you went to your bedroom. Jayden nodded in response.