Season 5 - Episode 5: Manhunt

"Oh, love the shirt, Y/N!"

You and Jayden walked into the bullpen. You looked down at your shirt, then over to Charles, confused.

"Newsies is a fantastic musical. Jeremy Jordan is great!" Charles raved with a huge smile on his face. "Thanks, Charles. But this isn't my shirt. I slept at Jayden's and I spilled ranch dressing on mine." You explained to him as Jayden glanced at you for a moment.

"Oooh, Jayden likes musical theatre? Oh my god, you guys are perfect for each other!" Charles said with excitement.

"Don't you have a drawer full of clothes at each other's apartments by now?" Terry chimed in.

You shrugged, "I spilled ranch dressing.. all over my drawer." You pointed out. Terry looked at you in surprise, "Seriously?" He said in disbelief. Jayden nodded, "Yes, seriously." He responded. Terry sighed in disappointment as he looked down.

"Sarge, you know how clumsy I am. I'm literally Jake's neice." You exasperated, "No offence." You added. Jake shook his head, "None taken. It's true." He responded. You and Jake grinned at each other before you and Jayden went to your desks.

"Why don't you two move in together already?" Rosa asked you and Jayden.

Jayden sighed, "Well, we're planning to. We just haven't decided who's apartment we're going to live in." He responded as he looked at you.

"I think Jayden should move into mine because it's bigger, nicer and it doesn't have literal holes in the wall that someone isn't wanting to fix." You said as you looked back at Jayden, sarcastically smiling at him. Jayden shot you a deadpanned look.

"Holes in the wall, Y/N? Not cool." Jayden deadpanned. "Anyways, my place is much cheaper, aesthetically pleasing and it's in a cooler neighbourhood with cool neighbours." Jayden said, trying to persuade that his apartment is better than yours. You rolled your eyes at Jayden in response.

"Your neighbours are literally strict as hell. Plus, they scold you for making too much noise at 4pm." You pointed out. Jayden walked over to you, before whispering in your ear with a smirk on his face.

"That's on you, Santiago."
——————
"Alright everyone, listen up."

Captain Holt walked out of his office. Everyone paused their conversations and turned to him, giving them their full attention as he walked into the bullpen. "We have a situation." He began as he began to read from the file that he had in his hand.

"Ten minutes ago, a prison van overturned on Nevins Street. It was carrying nine convicts who are now at large." He explained, "It's our job to bring them in." He instructed, looking up to everyone from the file he was reading from.

"Everyone, this is a manhunt."

You and Jake gasped excitedly in unison.
——————
"Patrol officers have secured a ten-block perimeter. All civilians have been evacuated."

Everyone was in the briefing room. Captain Holt was at the front while everyone was sitting at the tables, listening to him.

"Here is what the convicts were in for." Holt said as he went over to the board that had photos of the convicts hanging. As he stood next to the board, he pointed at each of the convicts, he stated what crimes each convict committed.

"This last one has committed quadruple homicides." He concluded. Jake cheered excitedly, making everyone look at him, annoyed.

"What? I'm not excited about the murders, I'm excited about the chance to avenge them." Jake said smoothly. "You guys are the weird ones." You added, trying to hold in your excitement for this manhunt. Amy rolled her eyes at you and Jake before looking back to Captain Holt.