Season 5 - Episode 2: Stressed Out

"Hey, Y/N/N!"

You looked up from your work, "Oh, hey, Uncle Jake!" You smiled back at Jake.

"Okay, so, I have a case that I need help with and Rosa and Boyle are already working on one together." Jake explained. You nodded as you listened to him explain. "So... can you team up with me on this case?" He asked you, looking at you with an excited grin on his face. You sighed.

"Please? It'll be like your first days here! We haven't worked on a case together in ages." He added, trying to get you to agree with him.

You sighed, "Jake, I would love to work on this case with you but.." You paused as you saw Jake looking at you with a pleading look. You looked at him for a few moments, trying to decide whether you should help your beloved uncle. You then sighed as you thought of your answer.

"Alright, I'll work on the case with you." You exasperated, making Jake look at you happily.

"Yes! Thank you! I swear, this case is gonna be a dope one." He said cheerfully as he went to sit at the chair next to your desk.
——————
"Hey, Y/N/N!"

You looked up from your desk that was full of stacks of complete and incomplete paperwork. You then saw Amy walking over to you, holding more paperwork.

"Hey, Auntie Amy! How can I help you?" You smiled tiredly while you tried to greet your aunt with a cheery voice. It wasn't because you weren't happy to see Amy, it was only because you had stacks of paperwork to complete. Plus, you had a lot of other things going on in your stressed out head.

"Well, I was just wondering.. Do you mind doing some more paperwork for me?" Amy asked, "I swear I'll pay you back in some way." She swore.

You sighed before nodding, "Yeah that's fine. Just leave it on that stack of paperwork there." You told her. "Thank you so much." She thanked you, as she placed the paperwork on the stack. She smiled at you sweetly before walking out of the bullpen.

You then hid your face in your hands, letting out a small tired groan. Jayden looked at you concerned.

"Y'know you can just tell them you already have a lot on your hands." Jayden pointed out. You shook your head, "Nope, they've done a lot for this city. I'm doing this for them and all of our fellow detectives." You responded to Jayden, grabbing another file from the 'incomplete paperwork' stack.

Alex then walked over to you, "Hey, Y/N. Can you do this paperwork for me?-"

"Do your own paperwork!" You snapped at Alex, making him flinch and walk away quickly. You then looked back at Jayden who was raising an eyebrow at you. You then shrugged slightly before speaking up,

"I have exceptions.."
——————
"How long has Y/N been standing out there?"

Jayden sighed, "Like, 15 minutes? Just give her a little while, sir. She needs some time." He explained.

"But I need her to fill out some paperwork." Captain Holt responded, holding up quite a few files. "Captain, she's been doing work for days. I don't think she's even eaten or slept." Jayden tried to reason with Holt. He then shook his head, "Oh. I will still offer it to her."

Holt then walked out to the roof. "Sir, wait!" Jayden stood up and tried to stop in. Once he got outside, he then sighed and gave up.

Holt then walked over to you, "Detective Santiago." He greeted. You looked back at him and cracked a tired half smile, "Hey, Captain." You greeted him back. He nodded back at you with a slight grin before handing you a some paperwork.

"I have some forms and other paperwork you need to complete." Holt instructed. You sighed, "Alright. Sure." You responded as you took it.

Captain Holt noticed your body language and noticed your saddened expression. He then seemed to be concerned, "Wait. Santiago, are you alright?" He asked you, worried. You nodded silently, trying to hide your true emotions.

"Are you sure?..." Holt asked concerned. You then sighed, "Fine, I'm not okay..." You answered.

"But I don't wanna talk about it..."