Season 4 - Episode 3: Skateboarding

"Jayden, be careful!"

"I will be, don't worry!"

It was around night time and you were with Jayden at a skatepark. The city was rather quiet for a night in New York City, but it still had a few cars passing by.

You smiled softly as you sat at the side of the park, watching your boyfriend go around the empty skate park with his skateboard.

It's been about 7 weeks since the both of you got suspended. The good thing is that the both of you are returning to the Nine-Nine soon. Since you were suspended for about 10 weeks, you only had a few weeks left. So you and Jayden tried to spend as much time with each other, knowing that you won't get that much time together once you went back to work.

You grabbed your phone, connecting it to the Bluetooth speaker you brought with you. You then started to play Sweater Weather. Jayden smiled as he heard the music play. After a few moments, he stopped skateboarding and went over to you.

"Huh? You've finished already?" You asked, looking up at him.

"Well, no, I wanted to teach you!" Jayden said as he held his hand out for you to take, holding his skateboard in his other hand.

"Jayden, I told you I gave up skateboarding years ago." You said after shaking your head.

"Come on, Y/N, it's gonna be easy! I'll be with you the whole time as well." He reasoned. You looked back at him. "Please?.." He begged with a small pout. You rolled your eyes playfully and sighed, "Fine..."

You took Jayden's hand as he helped you get up from where you were sitting.

Jayden grabbed his helmet and put it on your head, securing it and making it comfortable enough for you. He took off his gloves and put them on your hands. After getting you ready, he lead you over to an open space in the skatepark.

You and Jayden spent the next hour having you learn how to skateboard.

It was quite difficult, but you still managed.

"Jayden Collins, I swear, if you let go of my hand-"

"I'm not gonna let go, don't worry!"

After a few moments of you trying to skate, Jayden let go of your hand for a split second jokingly, making you nearly fall off the skateboard.

"SON OF A BITCH- I NEARLY FELL, JAYDEN" You said as you quickly grabbed his hand again. Jayden chuckled, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I was just messing around with you." He said as he held onto your hand as you continued to try and skateboard.

You sighed, "It's fine. But don't let go again, okay?" You said as you glanced at him. He nodded, "I promise I won't." He said, smiling. You returned the smile before going back to concentrate.
——————
After a couple more hours, you and Jayden sat on the side of the skate park, eating the snacks you brought.

While you were eating and talking with each other, you heard your phone ring, making you grab it. You then saw the contact.

Pá :)

"Oh, it's my dad." You said glancing to Jayden. "Oh? Well answer the call." Jayden said, looking to you.

"Okay, but you're gonna have to stay quiet. I haven't exactly told him about us yet." You responded as you went to answer the call, putting your phone up to your ear. Jayden looked at you confused.

"Wait wha-"

"Hey dad!" You greeted.

"Hi mija! How are you?" You heard your father greet you. "I'm good! How about you? How's Aunt Amy, Uncle Jake and the rest of the Nine-Nine?" You asked, smiling as you were happy to hear your father's voice.

"I'm doing okay. Everyone else is doing alright as well." Your dad answered before you heard another voice.

"Wait is that Y/N? Can we say hi?"

"Well, I mean, she might be busy so- Wait Amy-"

"Y/N/N! Oh my goodness, Hii! How are you? What have you done in the meantime?" You heard Amy's voice on the other line, making you smile. "Everything's been okay. Nothing much as been going on really." You responded.

"Are you sure?... What about Jayden?" Amy asked. You started to panic, "Well, uh-"

"Okay, little finger. Don't press Y/N with too many questions." You smiled as you heard the familiar voice of your uncle Jake.

"Come on, surely they've been spending time together during their break." You heard Charles say.

"I thought Y/N would have a boyfriend and would be spending time with him." You heard Gina speak, making you put the call on speaker. Jayden started listening to the conversation as he heard that sentence. The adults continued to speak on the other line.

You then whispered to Jayden, "Should we tell them I have a boyfriend, a.k.a. You?" You asked. He nodded, "But don't mention it's me. We can tell them that later." He whispered back to you, making the both of you grin.

You then turned back to the conversation on the phone.

"Well, I can assure you all that I do in fact have a boyfriend." You said, interrupting the conversation that everyone was having on the other line. You heard a loud gasp from the other line. You and Jayden looked to each other, holding in your laughs.

As you heard your dad about to speak, you then heard the shouting voice of Charles.

"WHAT?! WHO IS THIS MAN?! WE NEED ANSWERS Y/N SANTIAGO-" You heard Charles shout through the phone. He was then interrupted by your dad as you heard his voice interrupt Charles.

"What if we all meet this new boyfriend of yours at dinner? How does Friday at 6pm sound?" Your dad asked. You looked to Jayden, earning a nod from him. You then looked back to your phone.

"Friday it is then!"