Season 6 - Episode 10: Our Third Year

"There they are!"

You smiled as you walked into the precinct, holding the hand of the person you've loved for the last 3 years. Everyone began to clap for the both of you.

Today was your 3rd year anniversary with Jayden. The last 3 years have been some of the best years of your life, spending those years with the love of your life. Those years were full of pure glee and love. Sure, the both of you have had your sad and frustrating moments, but you still loved each other so much.

Jake, Amy and Charles walked over to the both of you happily once the clapping had died down.

"I can't believe it's already been 3 years for you guys!" Jake said excitedly. Jayden chuckled and looked to you, "Well, those last 3 years have been some of the best years of my life." He said as he looked to you with pure love in his eyes. You looked back at him and smiled widely, "Mine too."

Jake, Amy and Charles cooed in awe as you both looked at each other.

"Good morning, Detectives." Captain Holt said as he walked over to the five of you. Everyone looked to him and smiled. "Hello, Captain." You greeted Holt. He bowed his head at you, "Everyone has a lot of work to do. So I would prefer if you all go to your desks." He said in his serious, monotoned voice.

Everyone nodded before heading to their desks.

"I would also like to congratulate the both of you for your third year anniversary. Watching the both of you grow from a childish and playful friendship to a childish, playful and loving relationship has been an honour." Captain Holt said to you and Jayden, cracking a small smile.

You and Jayden smiled back at him. "Thank you, Captain." You responded. The three of you then headed back to where you needed to be.

You went over to your desk and placed your bag down. "Hey, love?" Jayden spoke, making to you turn to him. "Yes, amor?" You asked him sweetly.

"I'm not gonna be here at work today unfortunately. I have to visit a few crime scenes and do a few other things today." Jayden said sadly as he looked down at you with a small sigh. "Oh! Yeah, that's alright." You responded, slightly saddened by what he said to you.

"Are you sure? Because I can ask Jake if we can visit the crime scene on Monday?" Jayden asked again, making you shake your hand.

"No, it's okay, lovely. Go ahead." You reassured him gently. Jayden raised an eyebrow at you, making you nod again assuringly. Jayden then sighed and took your hands in his, "I'm so sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you." He vowed. You sighed, "Jayden, It's okay! Go!" You reassured him again.

Jayden smiled at you softly before bringing your hands up to his lips, pressing a soft kiss on them. You smiled at him as you kissed him back before he left.

"I'll see you later."
——————
"Special delivery for Y/N!"

You looked up from your desk and saw Jake walking over to you with a gift box in his hand. You chuckled as he handed you the box.

"Is this from Jayden?" You asked Jake with a smile. He nodded, "It most certainly is!" Jake confirmed as he smiled back at you.

It's nearly the end of your shift and It's been a few hours since Jayden and Jake went to check out the crime scene. While you were waiting for Jayden, you were doing some paperwork, as well as doing other things to help around the precinct. You also got a few gifts as Jayden was gone, which you obviously appreciated.

You enjoyed your day at work, but you felt like you would've enjoyed it more with Jayden.

You opened the gift box that Jake gave you, curious to see what was inside. When you opened it, you saw the pieces to an outfit you always wanted. Your eyes lit up with excitement. "Oh my gods! I've always wanted to have this outfit!" You exclaimed excitedly, going through the clothes.