Season 5 - Episode 7: Sick

"Good morning, my love."

You felt Jayden plant a kiss on your cheek, making you flustered. You looked back to him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Hiya, babe.." You smiling softly at Jayden before going back to your work. He then went over and placed his bag on his desk, sneezing into his elbow a few times. You looked up at Jayden and noticed he looked quite unwell. His nose was red and his eyes had dark circles under them.

Not to mention, he was coughing... a lot.

"Mi amor, are you okay? You look unwell." You asked your beloved softly, looking up to him. He waved it off, "I'm fine, love. I just have a cold. It's no big deal." He reassured you before sneezing into his arm again. You sighed and shook your head.

"Come on, You're clearly sick. Let's go home so I can take care of you." You begged him. Jayden shook his head, "No. I'm fine. Plus, I have so much work to do. I have to interrogate suspects today." He grumbled before grabbing a tissue and sneezing and blowing into it.

"Yeah, I would listen to her." Hitchcock spoke up. Jayden death glared him, "Shut up. No one asked for your opinion." He sneered before sneezing into the tissue again. Hitchcock frowned before going back to doing his work. After another moment, Jayden grabbed another tissue before sneezing and coughing into it.

"Alright, you really need to get some rest." You said to him, "Even ask Terry or Captain Holt, they'd definitely send you home!"

Jayden scoffed, "We'll see about that." He responded as he got up to go to Captain Holt and Sergeant Jeffords.

~5 minutes later~

"They told me to go home." Jayden said sadly, walking over to his desk. You rolled your eyes, "Of course they did, tonto." You teased him playfully,

"Now get your things. We're going home."
——————
"Jayden Philip Collins, go to bed right now!"

Jayden shook his head and crossed his arms, pouting. "No! I still need to do work!" He grumbled, gesturing towards the work that was on the coffee table. You shook your head, "Jayden, I appreciate you for having such a passion for your job, but your well-being is more important!" You responded.

"But I need to get this guy behind bars before he goes free again!" He tried to reason with you, making you shake your head.

"Look, mi vida.. You really need rest to get better! You're sick. And if you don't get better, you won't be able to solve this case." You tried to reason with him. Jayden looked back at you and you looked back at him, staring into each other's eyes for a moment. Jayden then sighed in defeat,

"Fine.."
——————
"Y/N!"

You heard Jayden's voice from your shared bedroom. You quickly finished making his soup before going to the bedroom.

You walked in and saw Jayden curled up in his and your shared blanket. You smiled softly at the sight, "Yes, mi amor?" You said to him sweetly. Jayden gestured for you to go over to him, making you walk over to him and sit at the edge of the bed. He then took your hand, making you bring his hand to your lips and kiss it.

Within moments, your arm was pulled, making you collapse onto the bed next to him.

You squeaked, "Jayden!" You scolded him, making him chuckle and wrap his arm around your waist, pulling you close to him. Jayden nuzzled into the crook of your neck, inhaling the faint, soft scent of your favourite perfume. You chuckled and reached your hand to the back of his head, entangling your fingers into his dark curls, playing with them gently.

"We haven't had one cuddle session for the past few days," He said sadly as his face was nuzzled into the crook of your neck.

"Why?.." He asked looking back to you with a pout. You frowned a bit, "Well, if you can't remember, you're sick.." You said to him, still gently playing with his curls. Jayden's eyebrows furrowed, "Well, you're cuddling with me now.." He pointed out with a frown.

"That's because you're not as sick as you were before!" You responded making Jayden mumble a small 'Oh.'

You and Jayden stared into each other's eyes as soft smiles appeared on both of your faces. Jayden then rested his forehead against yours, still staring into your eyes. Your eyes sparkled with pure euphoria. Moments like these were the ones you cherished.

"I love you.." Jayden whispered softly to you as he smiled.

"And I love you.."
——————
"Good morning, Y/N!"

You smiled slightly at Terry as you walked into the bullpen with Jayden at your side. Terry then looked to Jayden with a surprised smile, "Jayden! Welcome back!" Jayden bowed his head and smiled back at Terry, "Thanks, Terry." He responded. You then saw Captain Holt walking over to the both of you with Amy by his side.

"Good morning, Detectives." Holt greeted the both of you, "Welcome back, Collins." He bowed his head to Jayden, making him bow his head at Holt as well.

"We hope you're ready to continue working on your cases! Jake and Rosa have most of the information for both of your cases." Sergeant Jeffords informed the both of you, making you and Jayden reply with a small nod and a smile as you thanked him.

As you went over to sit at your desk, felt a bit.. unwell. But you couldn't let sickness stop you from doing solving this case!

Until you let out a cough, that is..

"Y/N.." Jayden said sternly as he stared at you, making you look back at him. "What? I'm not sick!" You denied with a nervous chuckle before coughing into your elbow again, making Terry, Amy and Captain Holt look to you. You all stared at each other for a few moments before you sighed in defeat,

"Fine! I'll go home.."

((It's a shit episode, ik.))