Season 5 - Episode 4: Apologising

"Good morning, Detective."

Jayden looked back to you and nodded, "Good morning to you too." He responded with a small smile.

You and Jayden have taken some time away from each other for the past few days. Of course, you didn't break up. But you were just taking a small break from spending time together. Though, you still got along with each other well as just colleagues for the past few days.

Even though you initiated the break, you wanted it to end. You wanted to spend time with Jayden like you used to. You wanted to love him like you did before. You wanted to start things again, but, you were scared that Jayden needed more time or that it would be awkward.

However, you didn't know that Jayden actually felt the same as you.

Jayden wanted you back. He really did. He missed you so much. Every time he'd look at you, he'd remember the amazing times you'd spent together. He'd remember the moments where he felt nothing but unconditional love for you.

He wanted to apologise for how he acted. He felt bad for acting the way he did when you said you just needed space. He felt like he should've respected your decision way before he did. He was scared to come forward because of how you'd react.

Both of you were scared.
——————
"So, Y/N. How are you and Jayden going?"

You looked to your aunt and sighed. "I mean, we're just taking a small break from each other." You shrugged.

Amy and Jake looked at you with surprised and worried expressions on their faces. You looked at your aunt and uncle. As you saw their expressions your eyes widened. "No, no. We didn't break up. We're just taking a small break. Or well, taking it light and breezy." You explained.

"Really? I mean, sometimes, light and breezy doesn't work.." Jake pointed out. You shrugged, "Well you two were 'light and breezy' when you were first dating." You pointed out, picking up your coffee cup and taking a sip from it, staring at Jake and Amy as you did.

"Y/N, listen. You and Jayden are a great couple. You're made for each other. And, we don't want you to let that go." Amy began, "Sure, Jake and I were light and breezy at first. But it didn't really work." She continued. "Charles hit Jake like 3 times to make him realise that." She added.

You giggled, making Jake and Amy smile.

"Anyways, why did you decide to be light and breezy? Why did you decide you needed a small break?" Amy asked. You and Jake looked at each other with panicked expressions on your faces. Jake then looked back at Amy.

"You'll find out eventually."
——————
"Jayden?.."

Jayden looked up from his work and saw you standing next to his desk. "Oh hey. What's up?" He greeted with a slight, sad smile.

"Can we.. can we talk? In private? Please?" You asked him. Jayden nodded, "Yeah, sure." He responded. He then put away the paperwork he was working on and got up from his desk. He then followed you as you lead him to somewhere private.

You and Jayden then went to the park. Jayden had no idea why, but you insisted.

You then both sat down next to the big tree like you always used to. You both sat together silently before you finally spoke up.

"So, I wanted to talk about what happened a few days ago..." You began. Jayden nodded nervously, "Yeah. What about it?" He asked. You sighed nervously and looked down at your fiddling fingers, thinking about what you're about to say to your beloved boyfriend.

"I'm sorry that we had to make things light and breezy." You apologised, "I really missed us when we were... not light and breezy.." You said nervously. Jayden nodded, "No, no. It's okay. I understand you need your space. Plus, I miss us too.." He admits with a small smile.

You and Jayden smiled at each other. "So, can we go back to not being light and breezy?" You asked hesitantly. Jayden nodded with a wide smile on his face. The both of you then embraced each other into a small hug. After a few moments, you pulled away.

"Also, I have something to tell you. And you're one of the first people to know about this.. besides uncle Jake." You said, making Jayden look at you. "Alright. You can tell me, love." He responded gently, making you smile at him.

You then sighed, "I... Over the last few years, I've secretly identified as bi.. well, bisexual." You began.

"But now... I think- No. I know I'm pan. Pansexual." You gulped nervously.

Jayden looked at you with a surprised expression. He then looked away as he began to think. You looked at him, worried, "You don't accept me, do you?" You said nervously. Jayden immediately looked back at you as his expression softened.

"Oh, hun, of course I accept you. I'll always accept you and love you for who you are." He reassured you, taking your hand. You looked at him as tears began to form in your eyes. "Really?" You asked him as a tear fell. He gently kissed your hand before using his hand to cup your cheek and wipe your tears,

"Of course. Always."