Chapter 8

Few weeks had passed and Mr. Kim and Mr. Choi went to Jeju for a friendly reunion.

Mrs. Choi was reading her book at home while Jiwoo was watching the television.

Then the phone rang.

"Hello?" Mrs. Choi answered the phone.

"What is it?"

"What? How did it happen?"

Mrs. Choi look at Jiwoo before answering

"What? All right, okay. I'll come back right away." Mrs. Choi hung up the called and sighed. "Aigoo.."

"What's wrong?" Jiwoo asked.

"Jiwoo, my mom is ill. I need to check on her." Mrs. Choi said. "I...I'll take Beomgyu with me. Please look after Soobin for me."

"Okay, will do. Don't worry, Mrs. Choi. I'll look after the house."

"Okay, then only you and Soobin will be at home. Make sure to spend the last days of summer together, okay?" Mrs. Choi said in a hurry.

"What? Soobin and I?" Jiwoo asked with her eyes widened.

"Beomie! Pack your things! We're going to visit grandma!" Mrs. Choi shouted. "Aigoo.. I hope my mom is okay.. BEOMGYU!"

~~~~~~

Instead of the hospital, Beomgyu and Mrs. Choi were having tea at some restaurant.

"Mom." Beomgyu called his mom.

She hummed in response.

"Didn't you say grandma was sick? Why are we having tea here then?"

"My dear boy, your grandma.. is healthier than ever." Mrs. Choi said happily making the boy look at her mom in confusion. "I set them up on purpose. I wanted Soobin and Jiwoo to spend some time together, alone."

"I'm going home." Beomgyu stood up from his seat and walked at the door.

"Hey! Sit down right now!" Mrs. Choi said pulling his hand.

"I'm going home!" Beomgyu said, trying to let himself go. Their behaviour was making others looking at them weirdly.

Meanwhile at home, Jiwoo was trying to cook something for Soobin and her but instead the kitchen looked really messy.

"Aigoo.. how can it be like this?" Jiwoo panicked at her burn beef stick.

"What are you doing?" Soobin asked Jiwoo coldly while entering the kitchen.

"Well..um..your grandma is sick so your mom took Beomgyu to check on her. So, we're the only ones home." She answered, trying not to make any eye contact with him. "I thought I should make dinner since you mom is not home. And..."

Soobin walked towards her and peek at the recipe.

'Pepper Stick Pasta'

"I'll cook. You clean." He said.

Jiwoo looked at him while tilting her head.

"Clean the kitchen." He said, sharply.

"Umm..okay.." She said in a hurry.

After he finished cooking, they sat at the dining table and eat.

"Waa! This is delicious!" Jiwoo exclaimed, munching the beef. "You are really good at cooking!"

"Thanks." Soobin thanked, not even sparing her a glance as they started to eat in silence.

"Ummm..Soobin." Jiwoo called, trying to break the silence. "Did you finish your homework?"