Chapter 16

Few months have passed since Soobin moved out of the house.

And Jiwoo was feeling lonely than ever.

Yesterday, Mr. Kim, Mr. and Mrs. Choi got invited to their old friend's wedding at Jeju-do.

So Jiwoo and Beomgyu had to stay home because of school.

Jiwoo was just vacuuming the floor while Beomgyu was eating chips while reading a book.

Jiwoo stopped what she was doing and looked at Beomgyu.

"Hey, your mom said you're not allowed to eat chips."

He just glared at her and continued eating it.

"Stop snacking." She crossed her arms. "We're having dinner at seven. I'm going to cook soon."

"I don't want to eat something horrible." Beomgyu snapped.

"What do you mean horrible?" Jiwoo pouted. "Stop exaggerating. It's not even your first time eating my food."

"I don't want it." He said. "I'm going to call my brother."

"Soobin is not going to come home." She said quitely. "I'm making my special dumplings tonight."

"No, I don't want to eat it."

She sighed and snatched the chips. "No more snacks!"

[Night]

After Jiwoo finished making her dumplings, she called Beomgyu to the dining table.

Beomgyu just sat there, eyes still glued on his book.

Jiwoo sighed and snatched his book. "Stop reading. Hurry up and eat."

She put the book on the table and glanced at tittle.

'The Universe'

"I told you." Beomgyu snatched his book. "I'm not eating anything horrible. It will make me dumb."

"Who said I'm dumb?" She snatched back the book. "Listen very well, Choi Beomgyu. The universe was created 13.7 billion years ago. If we use a year as the base, sitting here finishing this plate of dumplings would have taken just 0.0000001 second. So cherish time and eat this, quick."

"How did you know all that?" He blinked, caught off guarded by her knowledge.

"This is nothing but primary school level facts about nature." She smiled proudly. "I know it very well."

"Last time you cook something, it almost make my dad choked." Beomgyu retorted.

"Hey!" Jiwoo clicked her tongue then smirked. "Oh I know, you are scared of vegetables, aren't you? Your mom told me so."

"Am not!"

"Yes you are! Scaredy cat."

Beomgyu glared at her and was about to argue back but he felt his stomach churning all of the sudden so decided to keep his mouth shut. Sighing, Beomgyu picked up his chopsticks and took a bite of the dumpling.

Jiwoo smiled in victory. She began to join Beomgyu eating the dumpling while sighing sadly, remembering the time when Soobin explained to her.

She took a glance at Beomgyu munching on the food quietly which highly unlike him.

"How is it?" Jiwoo asked.

"Better than it looks.." He muttered.

"Really? What a relief!" She beamed. "My dad taught me a lot of times and now I finally mastered it! You see, I'm not—"