Chapter 28

"WHAT?!" Soobin's voice echoed through the living room.

The Choi's family including Jiwoo were spending their time in the living room peacefully while having an afternoon tea.

Not until, Mrs. Choi mentioned about how she already prepared everything for the wedding that will be held in two weeks.

"Are you kidding?!" Soobin shouted as he stood from his seat. "In two weeks?!"

"Uh huh." Mrs. Choi answered calmly, sipping her tea.

"At least wait until we graduate." Soobin exclaimed.

"That's too long of a wait." Mrs. Choi smug. "Who knows what you're going to turn out like if we wait that long."

"Can you not be such a dictator?" Soobin crossed his arms and sat back to his seat, which was beside Jiwoo.

"I need to be a dictator." Mrs. Choi mocked. "The fortune teller said that you should get married before you turn 20. So you need to have the wedding before your birthday."

Soobin sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You guys don't know how much trouble I went through to get this date, okay?" Mrs. Choi pouted and nudged her husband beside her.

Mr. Choi just agreed with her.

"Right! I haven't told Jiwoo's dad yet. I'll tell him right now!" Mrs. Choi reached her phone and dialled Mr. Kim's number.

Jiwoo turned to Soobin while smilling but received a death glare instead.

She quickly stopped smiling and went back to drink her tea.

A few and a half week later, Jiwoo went to the school campus and was greeted by Nakyung.

Those two had been really close ever since Soobin stopped going to school.

Surprisingly, Nakyung was really kind although she alway teased and mocked Jiwoo.

She had told Nakyung that she's going to marry Soobin soon. Even though, Nakyung was disappointed and sad that she didn't get picked by Soobin, she's still happy for her because she already knows that Jiwoo struggled the most to win Soobin's heart.

"Here." Nakyung handed in a lot of shopping bags to Jiwoo. "Gifts the bride. Prepare yourself for the wedding."

"Thank you!" Jiwoo took them in her hands, feeling touched.

"Never thought that you would end up winning." Nakyung chuckled. "Congratulations."

Jiwoo smiled.

"I'm really happy for you." Nakyung returned her smiled.

"Nakyung.." Jiwoo stepped closer and hugged Nakyung tightly. "You're so awesome!"

Nakyung smiled while patting her back.

"Thank you." Jiwoo thanked again.

"You're welcome. There's skin care products in there. They are originally made by my father's company." Nakyung said, pointing inside the bag.

"Okay." Jiwoo nodded and walked inside the school campus while linking arms with Nakyung. "This is a lot."

"You have dry skin, you need to moisturise it."

"Okay. I'll do that from today onwards."

Night came and Jiwoo was doing her skin care in her room.

Then a knocked on her door was heard from outside.

She turned her head towards it.

The door was opened by Soobin who's holding a plate of strawberries while walking in.

"Here." Soobin placed the plate on the table and sat beside her.

"Thanks." She smiled, still holding the face mask that was given by Nakyung. "Wait.. should I put on this mask first or eat my strawberry first?"

'Dummy.'
Soobin thought in his head while snickering.

"I thought that you would be nervous the day before our wedding." He rested his head on his hand while his elbow was on the table. "But you look quite relaxed."

"No, I'm not." Jiwoo smiled flusteredly. "Maybe you need one!"

She changed the subject then reached out to put the face mask on his face.

"No." He held her wrists and took away the face mask. "I'll help you."

"What?" Jiwoo blinked her eyes.

"Here." He scooted closer and placed the face mask on her face gently.

He smiled while flatten the air bubbles.

"Soobin." She snickered. "You're suddenly so nice to me. I'm not used to it."

Soobin smiled softly and parted his hands from her face.

"Everything is happening so fast." Jiwoo said. "I wasn't prepared at all. I'm worried that I won't be able to be a perfect wife for you."

"Of course you won't be."

"Huh?" Her face dropped.

Soobin laughed then rested his hand behind her neck.

"You're perfect because you're not perfect."

Jiwoo blushed and hung her head low while smiling. While Soobin mirrored smiled.