Chapter 23

Jiwoo and her dad will be moving in a few weeks.

At first, Mrs. Choi was against it but when Mr. Kim kept explaining the reason, she finally agreed with a heavy heart.

Meanwhile, Jiwoo wasn't being herself these past few days.

She rarely smiles and it worries Mr. Kim and Hueningkai. So Hueningkai suggested to take her out to lift up her mood.

Jiwoo agreed and they hangout together.

"Ji, I'm going to take you somewhere fun!" Hueningkai said to her excitedly as they were walking in the park.

"Really?" Jiwoo smiled widely.

He nodded enthusiastically.

Suddenly, someone called for Jiwoo.

She turned to the person and her eyes went wide when she saw Arin along with Soobin walking towards them.

Her smile that she had with Hueningkai earlier immediately dropped as she tensed up.

"It is you!" Arin smiled as she approached them with Soobin trailing behind her. "What a coincidence."

Arin turned at Hueningkai who's staring at her.

"Are you Jiwoo's boyfriend? Are you on a date?"

"This is HueningKai." Jiwoo smiled nervously while pointing at Hueningkai.

Hueningkai smiled at Arin and bowed, she returned it.

"This is Choi Yewon." Jiwoo introduced. "She is... Soobin's girlfriend."

Hueningkai's eyes widened as he immediately put the puzzle together.

He leaned closer towards Jiwoo's height.

"Is she the rich girl who is dating Soobin?" He whispered.

She slowly nodded.

"I hate dealing with rich people." He scoffed but when he looked at Arin, he quickly formed a small smile then stood back straight again.

"We're on a date too!" Arin beamed. "It's really nice to see you guys."

Jiwoo smiled a little and nodded.

"We are going to see an exhibition at the museum. It's really great. Want to go together?" Arin invited, smiling genuinely.

Hueningkai and Jiwoo looked at each other, feeling flustered.

"An e-exhibition?" Hueningkai shuttered.

Soobin snickered. "Arin, let's not invite them."

She furrowed her eyebrows at Soobin.

"They won't even know what impressionism is." Soobin mocked while looking at Jiwoo who's looking at him in disbelief. "If we go with these type of people, it's not going to be fun."

"What do you mean by that?" Jiwoo raised her voice. "Are you saying that we're not cultured?"

"Am I wrong?" Soobin smirked.

"Soobin.." Arin held his arm, she was confused why was Soobin acting like this. Totally different from the one she knows.

Hueningkai was glaring at Soobin intensely, holding himself from throwing a fist at him.

"I might not know what impressionism is, but who cares!" Jiwoo shouted at him. "Kai, we're just ignorant people. Let's get out of here."

She grabbed Hueningkai's wrist and pulled him passed the couple.

"Congratulations." Soobin said,making them stopped their tracks. "You guys suit each other."

She ignored his words and continued to drag Hueningkai away.

"Jiwoo,wait!" Arin called out but Jiwoo and Hueningkai ignored her.

She looked back at Soobin.

"What's wrong with you?" Arin asked softly. "Why are you so mean to Jiwoo?"

Soobin looked back at Arin as his gazed soften.

"This is unlike you." She played with her fingers while looking at the floor.

"You think so?" Soobin putted his hands on her shoulders, making her looked at him. "Don't worry. I'll never talk to you like that."

Soobin smiled and let go of her shoulders. "Let's go."

Soobin walked passed her while Arin just stood there. Her minds was full with questions. But she shrugged them off and followed him anyways.

After a few hours, Soobin and Arin walked out of the museum.

"By the way, I recorded myself playing 'Moonlight Sonata'." Arin told Soobin, who's in dazed. His mind is clearly somewhere else.

Soobin finally snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Arin who's smiling at him. "Ah, Okay. Let me hear it."

Arin took out her phone and earphones from her bag and play the recording. She plugged one of the earphone on her right ear and was about to plug the left one on Soohin's ear until he flinched and moved away a little.

"I'm sorry ,I-"

Her words were cut when Soobin softly smile and held her hand to put the earphone on his ear.

Soohin smiled as they were listening to it.

"Your version is very moving." He told her.

"Really?"

He nodded, genuinely.

Arin looked down then back at Soobin.

"By the way, Jiwoo told me.. she said that you like me."

Soobin's expression suddenly changed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel awkward." She bit her bottom lip and rubbed her neck.

"It's fine." He smiled and unplugged the earphone then held her hand. "Let's get some coffee."

Arin smiled and nodded.