Chapter 12

A week has passed and nothing changed between Soobin and Jiwoo.

He still treated her the same way as before.

Today is another examination day and a final exam for Soobin to enter Seoul University.

Choi Family and Jiwoo were having breakfast in the morning but Jiwoo wasn't feeling too good since she woke up.

"You should eat more for your exam, Soobin." Mr. Choi said, putting a slice of bread on Soobin's plate as he started to eat up.

Soobin looked at Jiwoo who was still in daze.

She looks different from any other day.

Usually, Jiwoo ate a lot in the morning but today, she didn't even eat anything.

She just put her bread at her mouth but didn't bite it.

And Soobin noticed but he just shrugged it off.

'The cool spring season is making way for the arrival of Summer. Today is an important day for Soobin.'

"Sorry, I don't have much appetite today." Jiwoo said, putting her bread down. "I think I'm too nervous and I'm feeling bloated."

"Bloated?" Mrs. Choi asked while looking at her worriedly. "I hope it's nothing serious."

"I'll be okay." She smiled.

"Take care of yourself, okay." Mrs. Choi said then looked back at Soobin. "By the way, Soobin. You should double-check the things you need for your exam."

Soobin just gave a nod and continued to eat.

"Don't be so careless. Head out early so that you'll have plenty of time." Mr. Choi said.

"I'm going two hours earlier." Soobin said.

"Nothing is wrong with being cautious. Exam are a piece of cake for you. But you still have to be careful in order for you to perform your best. Alright?" Mrs. Choi adviced.

'Soobin will be able to get into Seoul University if he passes the test today.'
Jiwoo thought.

'Although, that's something far beyond my reach.'

"I'm full." Soobin said then stood up. "I'm going first."

He took his bag and head out the door.

"Wait, Soobin. Take you jacket with you." Mrs. Choi said, hurriedly taking Soobin's jacket but he already head out the door.

"Jiwoo, can you give this to Soobin." Mrs. Choi gave her the jacket.

"Okay." Jiwoo said while tried her best to stand up.

She took the jacket from Mrs. Choi and head out the door.

————

While Soobin was walking, Jiwoo trailed him from behind while holding her stomach.

Soobin gave a sigh and turned around making her bumped into him.

"Why are you following me?" Soobin asked with his arms folded. "I hope you're not planning to give me another lucky charm."

"It's not that." Jiwoo shook her head. "Your mom wanted me to pass you your jacket."

"It's 82 degrees today!"

"Well, we don't want you to get sick like last time. Just take it with you." She said and put the jacket on Soobin.

He just gave a big sighed.

"All right. I'll make sure to keep my distance this time." He said and stepped away from him. "I won't jinx you lime last time. So, I'm sure you'll do well in your exam today. Fighting!"