Chapter 27

Jiwoo opened her eyes slowly and the first thing she saw was Soobin sitting at the edge of the bed looking at her.

"Soobin.." Her voice trailed off.

"Are you okay now?" Soobin asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Yes." She nodded.

Soobin let out a relieve sigh. "Well then, goodnight."

He was about to stood from his seat when she grabbed a hold of his shirt.

Soobin turned to look at her.

"Umm.. can you stay in my room tonight?" She asked with a slow voice.

"Why?"

"I'm scared that you're going to deny all this tomorrow."

"So you want us to sleep in the same bed?" Soobin questioned making Jiwoo caught off guard.

"No! That's not what I meant.." She waved her hands around.

Soobin let out a little snicker. "Better not."

She stopped talking.

"Someone is going to be eavesdropping tonight." He explained then smiled. "Goodnight."

He stood again and went towards the door.

Jiwoo quickly got out of bed and ran after him.

"Soobin.." She grabbed his arm before he could reach for the door. "So.. did you really make up your mind?"

"Yes. You overthink everything." He flicked her forehead and smiled widely which she never had seen before.

"That's because... I like you too much." She mumbled the last part while pouting.

"I know."

"But I still don't know whether you like me or not."

Soobin snickered again. "How could you not know?"

She looked down while bitting her bottom lip.

The next thing she knew was being pulled by the arm into a hug.

Soobin wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I really like you." He confessed. "I really do."

Jiwoo smiled and also wrapping her arms around his waist.

The next day, Soobin called Arin to tell her about the news.

They met at the company garden and walking side by side without saying a word.

"Arin.." Soobin broke the silence. "I have something to tell you. This is going to be hard."

The girl didn't respond anything so he continued what he wanted to say.

"But I have to-"

"You're not marrying me." Arin figured, cutting what he was going to say. "Right?"

She turned to face him.

This time Soobin went silent. He didn't know how to respond as guilt took over his body.

"When you left without saying goodbye at the wedding dress store, I had a gut feeling." She explained.

She looked up to him who's already staring at her. "Is it because of Jiwoo?"

Soobin turned facing her and bowed.

"I'm sorry. I know you probably can't forgive me. But I wasn't sure about how I felt."

He stood straight again.

"You're always mean to Jiwoo. But I guess it's because you care about her." Arin smiled a little. "To be honest, I didn't want to get married this young either. I still have a lot to do."

She avoid eye contact as she's fighting back tears.

"Arin, I know you don't want me to feel guilty." Soobin said. "You can hit me or yell at me. Whatever you want."

"Even if I do, I won't be able to sabotage your relationship." She looked at him again. "Sometimes I really feel like I wang to cry. Or yell at someone. But I can't."

Soobin just looked at her.

"Well I tell my grandpa, I'm going to say that I decided not to marry you." She smiled.

Soobin was glad that she's matured and understood him.

Meanwhile, Jiwoo went to his dad's restaurant and found Hueningkai strumming his guitar while sitting on a chair.

"Kai.." She called.

Hueningkai looked up to her slowly.

"Ji, I'm busy right now." He replied softly, hiding his pain under a small smile.

"But I have something to tell you." She said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'm really busy today." He said, trying his best to keep his smile on his face. "You should go now. We'll talk later."

"Hueningkai.." A male voice called him.

As soon as Hueningkai heard his name being called by him, his blood started to boiled.

He looked up at Soobin who's walked inside the kitchen and stood beside the girl he loves.

"We need to talk." He said.

"I have nothing to say to you." Hueningkai said sternly, gripping on his guitar harder. "Go away! You're in my way!"

"Jiwoo is mine now." Soobin bluntly told him.

Hueningkai harshly put his guitar down, making it made a loud 'thud' sound.

He walked closer towards Soobin and grabbed his collar.

Jiwoo just stood there, gasping with her hands covering her mouth obviously didn't know what to do.

"What are you talking about?!" He spat.

"I'm going to marry Jiwoo." Soobin answered calmly. As if he already seen this coming.

"You treated her like dirt! How dare you marry her?!" Hueningkai growled. "I'll never forgive you. I've liked her for six years now."

"Kai.. I'm sorry.." Jiwoo said. "But Soobin—"

"I know!" Hueningkai shouted at her for the first time but didn't look at her. "You've liked him for six years! That is also why I can't forgive you!"

She teared up. "Kai.."

Hueningkai turned to her slowly, he's also fighting back his tears.

"Jiwoo.." He stared at her, letting go of Soobin's collar. "You fell for the wrong guy. If you regret this decision, I won't help you."

Jiwoo frowned.

Hueningkai slowly turned to Soobin and fixed his shirt.

"Barbarian Choi. If you don't make her happy, I'll never.. I'll never forgive you." Hueningkai gave him a piercing look. "Never let her cry. I'll be waiting."

He turned away from them.

"I know." Soobin said. "Thank you."

"Kai.. thank you." Jiwoo smiled.

Hueningkai nodded and walked away.

Soobin held the girl's hand and both of them walked out of the restaurant.

While Hueningkai still fighting back tears.

When he looked up from the floor, he found Mr. Kim staring at him.

He heard everything he figured.

Mr. Kim walked up to him and stood there in front of him.

"Dad.." he croaked. "Jiwoo's gone."

"Kai.." Mr. Kim patted his shoulder. "You handled that like a true man."

"Dad." Hueningkai hugged him. "It hurts!"

"You're a man, right? Let's drink." He comforted him. "Let's drink until we get drunk, okay?"

Hueningkai nodded as he and Mr. Kim walked inside the kitchen.