Chapter 25

Meanwhile, Jiwoo was hanging out at her dad's restaurant as always.

But today, she decided to stay until the restaurant is close so that she can go home with her dad.

When the restaurant was closed, the staffs were cleaning up and she waited for his dad at a table while playing her phone.

"Jiwoo." Someone called her.

She looked up from her phone only to find Hueningkai walking towards her with a dish in his hand.

"Here. Eat this." He sat beside her and put the plate on the table. "I cooked it myself."

Jiwoo smiled and tasted it.

"It's good!" She praised him.

His dishes never fail to make her feel impressed.

"Really?" He smiled brightly. "Eat more."

She nodded and continued enjoying the food.

Hueningkai just smiled widely at her.

He truly loves the girl beside him.

Everytime he's with her, he feels like wanting to protect her from anything.

But when Hueningkai heard that Jiwoo confessed her feelings towards Soobin, his heart shattered.

But he stayed strong because he believes there's still time for her to fall for him.

He admitted that he once thought of letting her go and trust that Soobin is the one for her.

He believes Soobin can protect her for him.

But after what happened, how Soobin treated her, hurt her, he cringed the thought of giving Jiwoo to Soobin.

That's why he proposed to her.

So she can be under his protection.

He becomes impatient about her answer.

"Jiwoo." He called, softly.

Jiwoo turned to him, still munching her food.

"About what I asked you last time..."

She stopped munching when she knew what he was talking about.

"Can you give me an answer today?"

She slowly swolled her food before answering, "About that.. can you let me think it first?"

His smile dropped.

He knew exactly what's in the girl's mind.

"You still not over Soobin." He figured.

"It's not that.." Jiwoo hung her head low.

Hueningkai suddenly grabbed her arms and turned her body to face him.

"Then why? What's so great about him?" He tried to be as calm as possible, but his voice was filled with frustration.

She bit her bottom lip, still hanging her head low.

She didn't know what to say.

"Forget about him." Hueningkai said.

Jiwoo slowly lift her head only to find Hueningkai smiling warmly at her.

"I'll help you forget him."

Slowly, he leaned down his face towards her with his eyes closed.

Jiwoo suddenly felt like malfunctioning.

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know if this is what she wanted or not.

As his face started to grew closer and closer, Jiwoo felt flustered, making her unconsciously pushed him away from her.