Prologue

It seems like it took longer than it did usually, but it also seemed like a short distance away. A few miles is all I had left to go. I didn't really think of anything else at the time, I just thought of getting to my destination before time runs out.

About five minutes later I finally got there. I could see him. He was standing outside, leaning on the hood of his car like he was waiting for me. I stepped out of my car and walked toward him.

The closer I got, the more I could see the scratches on his face. First there was one, then two, then six, all of the last ones getting bigger than the others.

When I finally got to him, I found myself running toward him. I grabbed him and hugged him, that's really all I needed right now. He just went with it, and when I let go and looked up at him, there were no scratches on him, not anywhere. I just stood there for a moment, before he finally asked

"Casey what are you doing here?"

"I really don't even know, I just needed to see you make sure nothing happened."

"What could have happened?"

"That doesn't matter. Can we please just leave? Adam, its pretty cold. I'll explain everything in the car."

I took his hand, to get him off the car. I let go and he followed me. We had to cross the street in order to get to my car.

Just as we were crossing the street, I saw headlights in the distance. I looked back. Adam was running at me, and pushed me out of the way. The car hit him instead, then sped off.

I ran to him. He seemed to be unconscious. I put his head in my lap.

I tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't budge. Everything went fuzzy, all I could focus on was him. I heard sirens, and someone pulled me off of him. I tired to fight them to let me go, but they wouldn't, so I just kept looking at him.