Nine

"I can't believe it, you're awake!" I said

"I know, but-" he was interpreted when he started coughing.

Then harder, and harder. I didn't know what to do so I called in a nurse. A nurse didn't come, and he started coughing up blood. I screamed at the nurses and doctors, they finally came in and took him in the emergency room. Again the emergency room, that place I couldn't go into.

After a while, that seemed like forever, the doctor finally came out.

"Look Casey, Adam was hemorrhaging, dramatically. We had no other choice, we put him back into a coma",

"I don't understand."

"Well we can put people into what we like to call, medically induced coma. I'm sorry" he said.

I ran into his room in tears, just to see him, in the room, same bed, same everything. The only thing that was different, was that he had a bandage on, his forehead. I'm guessing that from where he had surgery, if he had surgery. I fell to my knees in tears, I couldn't believe this was happening again.

I pulled up a chair next to him, I picked up his hand, and kissed it. That all I could do at the time.

I called Tony, and told him that I was too sad to drive, so he came, and picked me up.

I sat in the passenger side, with my legs by my chest, looking out the window. "So what happened?" he asked me.

I dried my tears, and said "I don't want to talk about it."

"Well if you need someone to talk to I'm right here".

"Thanks" I said in a quiet, but sincere voice. I didn't need someone to talk to. I needed Adam, I needed him in my arms. I need those moments when I'm with him, and I can't stop smiling. "Where's Hope" he asked.

"I thought she was at your house, but then you told called me, and told me you were too sad to drive. So why were you at the hospital".

"Well that's one of the main reasons I called you. I figured out what Mason's plan is"

"What is it?"

"He's planning to kill all of you guys, so I would have to deal with that pain, and guilt".

At the shock of me saying that, he went into utter silence.