Thirteen

Adam

I flickered my eyes open. I expected Casey to be there, again, sitting by my bed, right there. As if she had been waiting there for days , waiting for me to wake up, but she wasn't. All I saw was Tony, Hope, my parents, and Elena. No sign of Casey. "Um" I mumbled,

Everyone looked at me. "Where's Casey?" I asked,

"Adam. You're awake!" Everyone said, as they looked at me in shock.

"Ok yay I'm awake. Now where's Casey?" I asked everyone, again.

Everyone looked at each other, as if something was wrong.

"Guys. Where is she?" I asked again this time impatient.

"Um well Adam," Tony started.

"You know how you got run over, by the car, and that's why you were in a coma?"

"Briefly. All I remember is pushing Casey out of the way. Then everything went dark. Which brings me back to my question. Where is she?"

"Well the crash wasn't a accident...the man driving the car, he was trying to hit Casey." Elena said.

"So where is she?" I said in a cautious voice.

"With the man that tried to hit her." Tony said in an unsure voice.

"HA! That's really funny you guys, so where is she really." I asked again.

All I got was silence.

"Adam." Tony said, "We're not kidding."

It took me a while to actually figure out, that they weren't kidding, but once I did, everything seemed like it was moving, and I couldn't. I could feel her there. Her arms around me, the feel of her kiss on my lips, the way her hands felt against me. I wanted it now, now more than ever.

It seemed like days had pasted, but I was only a few hours. I didn't know whether she was safe or not. Whether she was dead, or not. I hated that feeling of unsureness. If I would see again...alive.