Twenty-one

Adam

She didn't seem to be breathing. I put my ear up to her chest. I could hear a pulse. I started to cry anyway. Including bare the thought of her dying. If she did I wouldn't know what to do. Bryce came up to me, and put his hand on my back. "She's not dead." I said.

He smiled "Then why are you crying?" He asked.

"Becuase," I said in sobs, "I couldn't bare thought of not having her here."

We heard sierns in the distance. I picked her up, and carried her outside. A ambulance came to the building. They took her into the ambulance, and immediately started helping her. I jumped in with them. I grabbed her hand, in my, and kissed it. It was cold. I just keep looking at her. She was so pretty, asleep or not, awake or not. I didn't care, I still loved her, and nothing will ever change that, death, comas, wounds, being apart. Nothing was going to change that.

We got to the hospital. They ran her inside toward the emergency room. I stayed right by her side. Everything went black, then clear, then black, then clear again. I could see the emergency room doors ahead. Someone stopped me when we got to the emergency room, by putting there arm in front of me. I watched them as they wheeled her in there.

With my elbows on my knees, and my chin on my fist, you could tell I was stressed, through the look in my eyes, and my foot bouncing so fast that a bouncy ball on steroids couldn't go as fast. "Looks like you could use a shoulder to cry on." I heard a voice I recognize.

"Hope" I said in a relieved voice.

She came around the corner, in her wheel chair. I sat up from my slumped position. "Yeah I could really use one of those right now."

"Well your in luck, because I could one too."

Tears filled my eyes, as I hugged Hope. "Why did this have to happen to her, she didn't do anything." I said sobbing through anything that I could get out my mouth.

She was rubbing my back. Even though Casey wasn't there I could feel her, as if she was.

A few hours later a doctor came out of the emergency room. He looked at me, then Hope. He nodded at us, and I knew exactly what he was nodding about. I nodded back. I walked over to the emergency room doors with Hope behind me. The doctor put his hand on my back and walked me in the doors. We got to her room. "Hope is it ok if I go in alone first?" I asked.

"Sure." she said.

I walked in and pulled up a chair beside her bed. I sat down and held her hand. "Casey I know you probably can't hear me, but please don't leave." I paused as tears ran down my face.

"I love you Casey Folman, and I don't know what I would do with myself. Please don't leave. We need you. I need you."