Twenty-Five

"Are you sure you're ready." Hope asked me, as I picked up my bags.

"Yes, I'm very sure." I said.

"I think it's a good idea." Adam said.

"Well ok." Hope said in a unsure voice.

Adam drove me to my house. I looked at it. I haven't been here in a long time. I wondered what my parents would say. I mean I didn't even tell them when I was coming back. When I walked up to the door, I put my hand up to knock, but I couldn't. Adam walked up and did it for me. We waited for a minute. The door opened. I smiled when I saw my mom. She froze in her tracks. "Who is it?" My dad asked as walking to the door.

He froze too. "Casey!" My mom said in shock.

"We didn't know when you going to come back."

"I just had to take some time away from everything." I said

"Well we're just glad you're back." My dad said.

They both hugged me...really hard. I came in and sat down with my parents. We talked, mainly about how I was feeling after everything. I didn't feel like asking about the secret. I didn't want to make such a happy moment turn into a hard time. I mean it's got to hard or they would've mentioned it earlier. Adam went to the bathroom while I keep talking to my parents. "It's been wonderful talking to you guys, but I think I'm going to go put my stuff away in my room." I said as I stood up, walking to the stairs.

When I got to my room I stopped right as I was grabbing the door handle. I thought when the last time I was here. That was in July. It's now November. Five months, since I was last here. July was when I was kidnapped. Middle of August, is when they found me, and I was at Hope's house for three months...healing. Was I at Hope's house because I was healing, or because I didn't want to face my parents? I guess it was both. I turned the handle, and slowly opened the door. When I walked in the lights were dimmed low. I looked down on the floor to see little pieces of fake snow. I looked up to find Adam standing there. He had a paper in his hands. Without words he opened the paper, and faced it in my direction.

Casey I have 'fallen' in love with you, and I love you 'snow' much. So will you do me the honor of going to the Winter Dance with me.

I could tell he wrote it himself. I was totally speechless, but I was able to just get out the word "Yes."

He smiled. He ran to me, picked me up and kissed me. As he held me in his arm, and he in mine, I quietly whispered in his ear. "I love you too."