Fifthteen

Adam

I can't stop thinking of her. Her smile, her laugh, her voice, her everything. When I try to think of something else, I think of her. I was zoned out when I heard someone calling my name. "Adam!"

I looked up to see Tony sitting in a chair. He was waving his hand in front of my face. "Adam, you there? Adam?"

My eyes went back into focus. "What?" I said.

"Did you hear anything that I said?" He asked.

"Yeah totally, I heard every word."

"You were thinking of Casey weren't you?"

"Yeah. I can't get my mind off her."

"You really care about her don't you?"

"No dude. I love her."

"Well I need to tell you something." He said in a regretful voice.

"What is it. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah everything's fine, it's just that...Um... I kissed her."

"Kissed who, Tony? Did you kiss Casey?"

"Yeah, but don't get mad at Casey. Get mad at me. I was the one who kissed her, not the other way around."

I could feel the rage boiling up inside of me, as if I was going to explode. I couldn't even being to start my rage.

"Why?" I asked through clenched jaws, and a mad voice.

"Well I've always kind of liked her, and she just looked so pretty, with the light hitting her face to just make her look so-"

"Perfect yeah I know."

"Dude I'm so sorry"

"I can't believe you did that, and your a totally ass for doing it. Just don't do it again, as a matter a fact don't do anything."

Just the thought of him kissing Casey, made me want to choke him.

A little later I heard a small knock on my door. I looked up from my book, to find Hope in her wheel chair, at the door. "Need a friend?" she asked.

"Yeah I could really use a real one of those right now."

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Tony came in here, and told me about how him and Casey kissed. I wanted to break his face, but I know that's what she wouldn't want me to do right now."

"Well at least he didn't keep it from you for a long time. You got to give him that."

"True. I told him not to do it again, but if he does-"

"I know, I know, you'll break his face." She said in a tough jersey accent, like if she was in a mob, or something.

We both laughed at each other. Then I realized, this was the first real time we've spent together, and even though we hadn't said that much. It was just fun, to talk. "Hey!" I started.

"We need to go to the cops about this!"

"Wow that was sudden." she said as if she never thought of it herself.

"Don't you think it's a good idea though. You know to go to the professionals. They can help us find, and save her. There's got to be someone out there, who know where they went, or where they were heading. Don't you want to find her just as much as I do?"

"You know what? You're right. I'll head down to the station as soon as I get out of here."

"Are you kidding. I get out of here today. I'll go."

A smile came over her face, and before I knew it I was smiling too.

She left awhile later. I was thinking about if they were going to wonder how I healed so fast but I couldn't tell them, just not now.