He's your best friend and you find out he likes you

Y/N = Your name
Y/C/N = Your crush's name

You had just gotten back from Starbucks with your best friend, Y/C/N. When you two entered your apartment, you sat in the living and decided to watch T.V.

"Y/N, can we watch a movie?" Y/C/N asks, looking over at you from the other sofa.

"Sure," you say, getting up and walking over to the movie case. "Which one?"

"Can we watch this?" You turn around to see Y/C/N holding the movie Annabelle, and grunt.

"Y/C/N, you know how I get when I watch horror movies," you complain. You were always afraid of scary movies, and Y/C/N knew this, so he never pushed you to watch one.

"Pleaseeeee Y/N," he begs, using his highly adorable puppy dog eyes on you.

"F-fine I guess we c-can watch it," you muttered, putting it in the DVD player. You weren't just scared of the movie, you knew that you'd end up trying to hide in his arms. You had realized you liked him about six months before that, and ever since then you've tried not to show it in any way possible.

Y/C/N smiled and turned all the lights off, while you went into the kitchen to make popcorn. Once the popcorn was done and in a large bowl, you placed it on the coffee table and sat on the other sofa opposite from him.

You noticed Y/C/N glance at you every so often, but decided to ignore it since you were too busy shaking and biting your pillow.

"Y/N, come here," Y/C/N whispered, opening his arms for you. You shakily got up and walked to where he was now laying, getting in next to him under the warm blanket. He immediately wrapped his arms around you and pulled you to his chest. "Better?" he asked quietly.

"Y-yeah," you replied, your voice muffled by his shirt. You snuggled into him and pulled the blanket tighter around you both. Turning your attention back to the movie, you didn't even notice Y/C/N stroking the back of your hand with his thumb.

"Y/N?" He looked down at you and noticed you were gripping his shirt rather tightly, frozen from fear.

You looked up at him and saw concern fill his eyes. "I-I'm fine," you lied, letting go of his shirt.

"We don't have to watch this if you don't want to," Y/C/N said, staring into your Y/E/C eyes.

"No, no I-I'm fine," you forced a smile, but he could see right through it, having been your best friend for over four years. He grabbed the remote and turned off the movie. "T-thank you," you stuttered.

His cell phone buzzed, signalling he had a text. You sighed, getting off the couch so he could see what it was. Suddenly someone was calling him, and he gave you an apologetic smile before walking into your kitchen to answer it.

You tip-toe after him and eavesdrop, hiding under your table. "Hello? Oh hey mate, yeah I'm at Y/N's house, why? No, I haven't told her yet. I doubt that, okay..." you had stopped listening halfway through. Tell me what? you wondered. Then you heard him say goodbye to whoever was on the phone, and ran back into the living before he saw. You sat on the sofa right before he walked in.

"Who was that?" you asked innocently.

"Oh, just Jake," Y/C/N replied, but his face turned red and he looked at his feet. "Um, Y/N, I have something to tell you." You nodded and signalled for him to go on. He sat down next to you before saying, "IreallylikeyouandIwannadateyou."

"Say it in English, please," you teased.

"I-I really like you and I would be honored to date y-you," he stammered. You had never seem him so flustered. You blushed a deep pink when what he had said sank in.

"I've liked you for a long time," you mumbled, but sadly he heard.

"Really?" Y/C/N asked. You nodded and looked up at him. Mere seconds later, you felt a pair of lips on yours. You were startled, but managed to kiss him back before he pulled away. "Wow," he breathed, "I've always wanted to do that."

You blushed again and buried your face in his chest. "D-does this mean w-we're dating?" you ask.

"Only if you want to," he whispered, drawing random shapes on your arm with his finger. You nodded and sighed happily into his chest. He kissed the top of your head, smiling to himself. "Wait until Jake hears about this," he half-chuckles.