Confessions

Written by my good friend McKenna.
Key: y/b/f = your best friend

You looked in the mirror and frowned. "Stupid acne," you grumbled to yourself, digging around for your acne medication. Your phone went off and y/c/n's name lit up the screen.

"Heyy," you said, smiling as you started brushing your hair. You could hear him laugh through the phone.

"Hi," he chuckled. "What are you up to?"

"Just getting ready for the party tonight at Justin's," you replied happily, tying your hair back to do your makeup. Suddenly there was a bit of silence on his end.

"You're really going?" he asked, almost disappointedly.

You frowned. "Yeah, why?"

"Y/n, I really don't think this is a good idea. I heard there will be drinking and-"

"Y/c/n, I'll be fine, I promise. Hey, should I wear the blue dress or the black dress?" you asked, pulling them out of your closet.

"You will look great in either one, it doesn't matter."

"Thanks, that was really helpful," you rolled your eyes and put the blue one back. "Black dress it is."

"Y/n are you sure you want to go? It could be dangerous," he repeated. You sighed.

"Yes, I'm sure. Besides, what if Justin finally notices me? You're my best friend, you're supposed to support me on this." You could hear him sigh deeply on the other end.

"Alright, alright. Just be careful please," he pleads.

"I will. I'll text you later, bye." And with that, you hung up.

Y/c/n sighed and flopped down on his bed. He knew he wouldn't be able to bare seeing you get hurt. He rolled over and looked at the photo on his bedside table of when you and him had built a snowman last year. He smiled at how beautiful you looked that day with your cheeks and nose red from the cold, and the snowflakes on your eyelashes. He ran his finger along the frame and sighed. He was in love with you and he knew it. But he could never tell you; what if you didn't feel the same?

You had slipped on your dress and was finishing up curling your hair when you got a text from y/b/f, saying she'll be there to pick you up in ten minutes. You smiled and lightly sprayed your favorite perfume before rushing downstairs with your bag. Soon after pulling on your favorite shoes, you heard the doorbell ring, and went to open it.

"Ready to party?" y/b/f grinned.

"You bet I am," you grinned back. "Mom, I'm going out with y/b/f! I'll be back around 11."

You hopped in the car as she drove you to the party. Once you arrived, you noticed lots of people talking on the front lawn and loud music coming from inside. You and y/b/f cautiously walked in and looked around at the huge space.

"Wow," you mumbled. The living room had been converted into a dance floor, including a disco ball and a DJ booth. People were everywhere, and you started to feel slightly claustrophobic. You told your friend you needed some space and walked into the kitchen. You noticed a small group of girls in the corner, and glanced at them. They were all quite thin, with long sleek hair and tons of makeup caked onto their face. You quickly diverted your face and went into the fridge to get a bottle of water. One of them spoke up.

"Hey, where'd you get that dress? The dumpster?," they snickered.

Another one piped up. "Yikes, look at that acne. She's got pores like the Grand Canyon." They all laughed and snorted. You diverted your gaze and walked away, finding your friend in the dining room talking to someone else. You didn't want to bother her so you went to the living room, sitting in the corner and watching Justin dance with a few girls.