Personal

Personal for Areej

"Hand me that box over there," you asked your brother, nodding a 'thank you' when he gave it to you. Today you were moving to a different town about a half an hour away, and you were extremely disappointed since that meant moving away from Ashhad, your brother's best friend and your crush.

"Need some help with that?" you heard Ashhad ask. You looked at him over your shoulder and nodded, still happy that he came to help your family with the move. You smiled as he picked up two boxes at a time. His arm muscles flexed as he did so, making you gulp silently. He was two years older than you, so you knew you had zero chance with him.

"Thanks, Ashhad. You're a very sweet boy," your mom complimented him. He just smiled at her and waved it off, as he always did when someone complimented him. You walked over to your pile of boxes and picked the biggest one up, carrying it to the moving truck.

Your family - and Ashhad - finally finished putting all of the boxes in the truck two hours later, around lunchtime. After telling your parents you'd be right back, you stepped into the unfamiliar emptiness of your house. Your hand traced small curves and dents in the wall, memories from when you were younger. You and your brother would always play with your toys as if they were figures in real life. Dinosaurs roamed the walls like rough terrain, princesses awaited princes in their towers. A smile etched its way onto your face at the memory of those little adventures you had with your older brother.

"Saying goodbye to the place?" said a voice from behind you, making you jump. When you turned around, Ashhad was leaning against the living room archway. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," he apologized. You blushed a bit.

"Yeah. I'm going to miss this place," you sighed. He nodded and walked toward the middle of the room where you were standing.

"I understand. Hey, I wanted to tell you-"

"Ashhad, what are you doing with my sister?" your brother interrupted, stepping into the bare room.

"Just talking, bro," Ashhad replied, that boyish grin of his reappearing on his face. You glanced at him with disappointed eyes and walked out of the house to your dad's car. As you stepped into the vehicle, your mind wandered to earlier when Ashhad said he needed to tell you something. You sighed as you realized there wasn't any time now for him to tell you. Your brother finally opened his side door and sat in the seat next to you, shooting you a glare to which you blinked in response.

You and your brother waved goodbye to Ashhad before you drove off down the road. Your brother sighed and put his headphones in, but all you could do was look out the window of your dad's car at the sunny July day.

**Three weeks later**

You sat on your bed in your room, plucking the strings of your guitar carefully. Suddenly you heard a knock on your bedroom door, and your mom poked her head in. "Are you going to come say hello to Ashhad or not?" she asked, now standing fully in the doorway with her hand settled on her hip.

"What do you mean?" you asked, setting the guitar next to you.

"Ashhad's parents dropped him off. He's staying here for the weekend, Areej," your mom said. You stared at her for a second.

When your mom shut the door, you looked in the mirror before fixing your hair and taking a deep breath. You slowly went downstairs to see Ashhad and your brother 'chilling' on the sofa. Ashhad must have heard your footsteps because he turned around and smiled at you as you entered the room where they were lounging. You could've sworn his smile got twice as big, and his eyes twice as bright.

"Hey Areej," Ashhad greeted, standing up from his place on the sofa. You blushed as he pulled you into a hug. He, being two years older, was of course a few inches taller than you, forcing you to bury your forehead in his neck. When you pulled away, you saw your brother smirking at you like a madman. You had admitted your feelings towards Ashhad to your brother during a game of Truth or Dare a week after you moved.

"Hi," you said awkwardly, looking anywhere but Ashhad and your brother's face. Suddenly the sweet aroma of your favorite cookies filled your nose, and you could feel your mouth begin to water. You walked into the kitchen to be blasted with the amazing scent. Your mom had just pulled a fresh batch out of the oven and set them on the counter to cool off.

"Smells awesome," said your brother from behind, making you jump. Ashhad was biting his lip as if to hold back a laugh.

"Shut up," you muttered.

After an extremely conversational dinner, you went back upstairs to your room, flopping down on your bed. You squealed quietly and smiled to yourself at the fact that Ashhad was staying the weekend.

You pulled out your guitar and began to play your favorite song, singing along with a large smile plastered on your face. Soon you found yourself getting lost in the tune, closing your eyes in perfect bliss.

When you finished, you heard clapping from your doorway. You looked up to see Ashhad and your brother applauding. A blush appeared on your cheeks and you looked at the floor.

Your mom started calling for your brother, and he went downstairs to help with dishes, etc., leaving you and Ashhad alone.

"You play very well," he complimented, sitting down on the bed next to you. "Mind if I?.."

You nodded, carefully handing him the guitar. He slowly began to play Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran while you got comfortable on the bed. He gestured for you to sing, which you did after your cheeks stopped burning. Ashhad smiled at you the entire time, never breaking his gaze.

When the song was over, Ashhad scooted closer to you, but stayed silent as he put your guitar back in its case.

You took a deep breath. "Hey Ashhad, remember when you said you wanted to tell me something?" you asked nervously.

His face turned a rosey pink color, and he looked at the wall. "Yeah.."

"Would you mind telling me now?" you asked hesitantly. He nodded and took a few deep breaths.

"Areej, the truth is, I like you. And I'm not talking a little. I mean, I really, really like you. And it's crazy. I like my best friend's younger sister. We're two years apart, yet I feel this way."

You blinked. "Ashhad, you're.not crazy. I like you too. I have for a long time, actually. I've always been so scared of what you would do or how you react. I'm always so scared of how things would turn out. I-"

Ashhad shut you up by pressing his soft, warm lips against yours. You felt your heart melt at the luscious taste of his plump lips. Both of you pulled away only an inch, so that your faces were still quite close.

"I'm sure we could find a way to make this work," he whispered. You smiled in response. Someone cleared their throat, and you both looked at your brother in annoyance.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" he said, that stupid grin of his showing again. "I'll be in my room, when you're done loving it up with my little sister you're free to join me," he said, walking away. You felt your cheeks get hot as Ashhad chuckled.

Ashhad pulled a piece of hair out of your face and placed it behind your ear, eyes sparkling all the while. He lifted your chin up before kissing you again, but this time you only pulled away for a breath.

That night, he asked you out officially when you were basically cuddling on the sofa, watching The Notebook. That weekend had been one of the best times of your life, and you would never forget it.

______________________________

There you go Areej! So sorry it took so long, I've been very busy the past few weeks. I do hope you like it, though!

As for the rest of you, expect more updates/imagines soon!

BTW, thank you so much for the votes and feedback, you have no idea how much it lightens my day when I see that someone has voted, or someone has inboxed/commented how much they like my imagines. Love you all, hope you have a great day/night/afternoon/etc! xx