Personal

Personal for dancerperson567

You sat in bed, aimlessly scrolling through your Instagram feed. You were waiting for one of the guys to text you about today's band practice. A couple minutes later, your phone vibrated and you saw that you had a text from Ethan.

Practice is at Alex's house in 2 hours. See you there
- Alex, received at 11:37AM

You sent a quick "okay" and locked your phone, then set it on the side table and slowly rose out of bed. You walked over to your closet and picked out some distressed shorts with a 5 Seconds of Summer crop top and a leather jacket to go with it. Once you were dressed, you curled your hair and applied some simple makeup, since it was just band practice.

Afterward, you put on one of your favorite necklaces and hat, then grabbed your phone and went downstairs

Afterward, you put on one of your favorite necklaces and hat, then grabbed your phone and went downstairs. You still had a half an hour until you had to leave, so you sat on the sofa and watched some telly .

At 1:20, you turned the TV off and grabbed your boots, slipping them on before starting the walk to Alex's house.

••••••••

Once you reached his house, you realized something; you had never sang in front of Alex before. You gulped and shook it off, then proceeded to walk up to the door.

You knocked on the door a few times, and smiled when Alex's brother Allen opened the door. Allen looked nothing like his brother - he had blonde hair and blue eyes, unlike Alex, who had brown hair and brown eyes. He smiled back at you and opened the door farther, gesturing for you to go in. You stepped inside the slightly large house and looked around. You had never been inside before, but you had dropped him off a couple times, so you knew what the outside was like.

"Where's the bathroom?" you asked, looking up at Allen. He smiled and lead you down the hallway to the bathroom.

"Practice is in the garage, it's the door next to the kitchen, okay?" You nod and quickly scurry into the bathroom. You didn't really have to go - you were just extremely nervous. What if Alex didn't like your voice?

Suddenly you heard voices outside the door, and pressed your ear against it.

"I don't understand why you won't just tell her already!" you heard Allen say quite loudly.

"What if she doesn't like me?" you hear Alex ask. Your breath hitches in your throat.

"Alex, she's got to like you. C'mon, please tell her," you heard Allen beg.

"No! Enough of this! I refuse to tell her, this conversation is through," Alex replied, and you heard footsteps walking away. You quickly flushed the toilet as a distraction and washed your hands, then exited the bathroom to see an awkward-looking Allen standing there.

"This way," he mumbled, leading you to the garage where the band was set up. You entered the room and saw that all the equipment was already set up, and the rest of the band - Nick, Chad, Alex, Ethan and Ben - were sitting on a couch on the other side of the room. You discreetly checked out Alex and his outfit, feeling your cheeks turn slightly red. Once Chad noticed you, he stood up and came over to hug you. Then the rest of the band followed, and you laughed, hugging everyone.

"You guys ready?" you asked. They nodded and got set up. Nick was on drums, Ethan on bass, Alex on acoustic, Chad on keyboard, and you and Ben sang. Once everyone was ready, you started playing one of your songs (your personal favorite), and you watched as Ben sang his part, waiting for the cue to start your solo.

You sang loud and proud on your solo, and didn't back down when you did your harmony with Ben. You were having loads of fun.

••••••••••••

"Okay, let's take a break," Nick said, getting up from his stool. Everyone nodded in agreement, and you were taking down the microphone when you saw Allen whisper something to Alex, and Alex got mad and stormed out of the room. Allen sighed and walked over to you.

"Hey, Kyla," he said, with a half-smile on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Look, Alex likes you. Like really, really likes you. I've been trying to get him to tell you for months, and I'm tired of this. Can you please go talk to him? Only you could calm him down right now." You smiled and nodded. "He'll probably be up in his room, it's upstairs, second door on the left," he told you, before joining in on Chad and Ben's conversation.

You walked out of the room and slowly climbed the stairs. Once you reached the top, you saw a door cracked open two doors down, and crept over to it, peering inside. Alex was sitting on his bed with his back towards you and his head in his hands. You gulped silently before knocking on the door.

"Go away Allen, I'm not in the mood," he grumbled.

"Alex, it's Kyla," you said softly, opening up the door some more. His head immediately whipped around and his eyes widened as he turned around and stood up.

"I-I'm sorry I thought you were Allen," he admitted, his face turning pink. You giggled slightly. "You can come in if you'd like."

You stepped into the room and walked over to him, then sat down on his bed. "So, uh," you started, "Allen told me the reason why you stormed off."

"H-he told you?" Alex asked quietly. You nodded.

"Is it true? D-do you like me?" you asked, looking up at him. He sat down next to you and sighed, then nodded.

"I've liked you for so long, Kyla. You're always there for me, you're kind, beautiful, smart, and so many things. I'm sorry that I hadn't told you before, and that it took my brother to finally tell you for you to find out. It's okay if you don't like me back, I can see why you wouldn't-"

You cut him off by hugging him, a tear slipping down your cheek. "Alex, I like you too. I have for a while now," you giggled. He smiled and wrapped an arm around you. You stayed like that for a while, until you eventually fell asleep on his shoulder.

•••••

You woke up to someone gently shaking you, and you looked up to see Alex smiling down at you.

"How long was I out?" you asked, sitting up.

"About fifteen minutes," he replied. You nodded and started to get up. "Wait, Kyla," he said suddenly, grabbing your wrist. You turned toward him.

"Yeah?"

He stood up and looked you in the eyes. "I like- no, scratch that, I love you, you mean everything to me, I always feel ten times greater when I see you. Kyla, will you be my girlfriend?"

Your hand flew to your mouth as you nodded rapidly. "Of course I will, Alex," you replied happily. He smiled and hugged you, then picked you up and twirled you around in the air. After he set you down, you realized something. "We should probably go back down there before they suspect anything," you pointed out. He laughed and nodded, putting an arm over your shoulder as you walked downstairs.

That turned out to be the best day of your life.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sorry this kinda sucked, but I still hope you liked it! It took quite a while to write this one.

TO EVERYONE ELSE, requests are CLOSED as of today, because I have too many to catch up on. If you already requested one, that is okay. Sorry guys. I'll let you know when it is open again. Love you all.

QOTD: What's your favorite ice cream flavour?
AOTD: Mint chocolate chip