First "I love you"

You excitedly walked next to your friend, Y/F/N. Today you two were going to the nearby park since you hadn't hung out in a while and because it was such a beautiful day, you decided to take a "stroll," as she called it. Your boyfriend almost seemed glad when you told him you were heading out today, but you ignored it and focused on Y/F/N.

When you arrived, you sat on a bench in front of a willow tree. "Wow, this is quite the view," Y/F/N sighed contently. You nodded in agreement, and looked around. A robin flew over your head and chirped happily. You smiled until you saw the couple the robin flew over next.

"T-that can't b-be," you mumbled. Y/F/N looked the way you were looking and stood up, blocking your view.

"Maybe we should go to a different park," she suggested, gently tugging your arm. You were standing now, trying to look at the two figures again. Finally you were able to push Y/F/N out of the way, but you felt no better. What you saw was something no one would want to see.

Your boyfriend was sitting on a bench across the park, his lips connected with another girl. Your hand flew to your mouth as you gasped and slowly sat back down on the bench. Your shock turned to anger as you made your way over to them, Y/F/N worriedly following you.

"Why?" you asked him once you had reached the two. "Why would you do this?"

"Y/N, I.. I.. it's not what it looks like-"

"Seriously? I don't believe that," you replied.

"Alright, alright, it is what it looks like. I'm sorry, OK? Please forgive me Y/N," he said, looking straight at you. You shook your head, tears threatening to run down your rosy cheeks.

"Forget it," you told him, and walked back down the path. Y/F/N walked you home and wished you to feel a bit better, saying that she'd call Y/C/N to come comfort you.

About 5 minutes later, Y/C/N burst through your door and saw you in tears on your sofa. He immediately wrapped his arms around you and muttered curses under his breath. "Oh Y/N.." he sighed as he tightened his arms around you. You cried into his chest and gripped his navy blue shirt, letting out sobs and whimpers. Y/C/N didn't mind. He had to do this the first time your "boyfriend" cheated on you.

"Y/N, I don't understand why you stay with this guy. This is the second time he's cheated! He treats you like shit, Y/N!" Y/C/N lectured, stroking your hair. He pulled you completely into his lap and held you close, his arms securing you and making you feel safe.

"I'm s-sorry," you sobbed. He lifted your face and looked you straight in the eye.

"Y/N, you didn't do anything wrong. Don't apologize for nothing, okay?" he said softly, his thumb carressing your cheek and wiping away the fresh tears.

After a while you calmed down as he quietly sang to you and held you in the safety of his strong arms. Suddenly there was a rapping sound on the front door, and panic quickly spread throughout your body. "I'll go see who it is," Y/C/N whispered, setting you down on the sofa and kissing your forehead. When he opened the door, his face immediately showed signs of hatred. "What are you doing here you piece of shit?" he growled.

"I live here, asshole," your boyfriend replied. He pushed past Y/C/N and his eyes landed on you, curled up on your sofa. He walked over to you as you visibly flinched and your eyes widened. He sat down on the sofa next to you, but you didn't move. "Y/N, I'm really sorry. I know what I did wasn't right. If you'll just forgive me-"

"Forgive you? How could I possibly forgive you? This is the second time you've done this!" you interrupted, standing up. "I don't want this! I'm done with you and your lies. I'm done with us. Now please, get your things and leave."

Your now ex-boyfriend grunted and dragged himself to the bedroom to get his stuff. Y/C/N pulled you into a hug and rubbed your back, allowing you to bury your face in his chest. "I'm proud of you, that was very brave and I know that took a lot of strength," he said soothingly.

When your ex-boyfriend had his suitcases at the door, you simply walked up to him and said, "I hope you enjoy your relationship with that.. girl."

He huffed and left, with you shutting the door behind him. Y/C/N smiled at you from his place on the sofa, where you soon joined him.

"Hey Y/N, would you mind if I turned the A/C on in here? It's hot as Hell." You giggled a little and agreed, watching him go down the hall to the A/C thing. You turned on the TV and saw that Finding Nemo was on, so you didn't bother changing the channel. Y/C/N came back in.. without a shirt. Your eyes widened and you bit your lip as he layed down on the sofa.

"C'mere," he said, patting his chest. You crawled up next to him to be pulled on top of him, where you placed your face in the crook of his neck.

"Thanks for being such a good friend, Y/C/N," you whispered. He flinched at the word "friend."

"What if I don't want to be just your friend?" he whispered back. You lifted your head and looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath. "Y/N, I love you. I always have. It broke my heart to see you get broken by him. I want to protect you from everything. I want to be your knight in shining armour, as cheesy as it is. I love you, a lot."

You were speechless as you drew random patterns on his chest with your fingers. Finally, you looked up at him and said, "I love you, too. Please don't break my heart like he did." Y/C/N wiped away the tear that had escaped and rolled down your cheek, shaking his head.

"Never," he whispered, before capturing your lips with his.

You knew from that moment on, you'd be safe.

________________________________

Oh my gosh, I cannot tell you guys how sorry I am. It's been nearly a month since I last updated! I'll be double-updating today to make up for it.

As usual, hope you liked it! Love you guys! xx

And my question for today is:
How is everyone's summer going?

Make sure to leave a comment!