Personal

Personal for xXNYRANGERSXx

  You were speeding down the rink without hesitation, the goal in your sight. Your teammate gestured for you to pass the puck, but you turned it down as you already knew you'd make it. As the goal neared, you lined it up and hit the puck as hard as you could, straight at the net. The goalie quickly dived to block it, but missed as it soared into the net just as the buzzer went off signalling the end of the game. You raised your arms as everyone cheered and skated back over to join the rest of your teammates. High fives and hard pats on the back were given as you went down into the locker room to change.

  Once you were done, you went up into the bleachers to find your parents. "Hey Erin!" you instantly recognized the voice and smiled as you turned to face them.

  "Hey Jackson!  Did you uh, did you see us play?" you asked, not sure of what to say. Jackson's smile widened as he nodded.

  "Of course I did. You did pretty great out there, by the way," he complimented, putting an arm around your shoulder. A shiver traveled throughout your body and butterflies started a frenzy in your stomach as he pulled you close to him. "So uh, I was wondering if you'd like to join me for some pizza to celebrate," he asked, looking at you hopefully.

  "Sure, just let me tell my parents," you agreed. You quickly ran over to tell your parents and they gave you some money, reminding you to behave and be nice. Then you walked back over to Jackson and he slung an arm around you again, pulling you outside of the small arena. As you began to walk towards the closest pizza place, you couldn't help but get a bit excited, and thoughts popped into your head. Is this a date? Does he like me?  No, no, you're just hanging out as friends. Calm down.

  "Ah, here we are," he said when you finally arrived. He opened the door for you, causing you to blush and look at the ground. "What would you like?" Jackson asked, looking over at you. You bit your lip and thought for a moment.

  "Pepperoni is fine," you replied. He nodded and went up to order the pizza. You went up with him and placed a hand on his arm.

  "I'll pay for it," you offered.

  "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Erin. Gentlemen always pay," he responded with a slight smirk evident on his face. You rolled your eyes but smiled.

  "At least let me pay for the drinks," you persisted. Jackson seemed to think about it for a moment before sighing and agreeing to letting you pay for the drinks. Once you had gotten the pizza and sodas, Jackson led you to a table outside, where you sat down across from each other.

  "So uh, there's something I've been wanting to tell you." You gestured for him to continue before grabbing a slice of pizza. "Erin, I really like you. I have for a while now actually. You're sweet, funny, and quite beautiful. Plus you play hockey! What more can you ask for in a girl? Anyway, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me?" he asked, hope sparkling in his eyes. You nearly choked on your pizza as he said this, and you looked up at him in surprise.

  "Are you serious?" you asked, thinking it might be a joke.

  He gave you a confused look before answering, "Of course I'm serious." You smiled.

  "Jackson, I'd love to." A wide smile appeared on his face, showing off his teeth. You both finished the pizza, and decided to walk around town. Jackson slipped his hand into yours as you were walking, causing your cheeks to flare.

  After about ten minutes you found a candy shop, and you used the rest of the money your parents gave you to buy a bagful of assorted candy, which you shared with Jackson.

  Overall, that had been the most perfect day of your life - so far.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
  There you go xXNYRANGERSXx! Sorry it was so short, I've had a bit of writer's block lately, but I tried to do the best I could at the moment. I might re-write it sometime in the future. Also, sorry it was so late! Hope you liked it though.

  Note to everyone: Sorry for not updating for the past week or so, I've been quite busy. I'll try to update more! Love you guys! xx