New Year's

"Ten minutes until midnight!" you shrieked, shaking Y/C/N's shoulders. He chuckled and smiled at your energy. This was your first New Year's at Y/C/N's house, your best friend of 6 months.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Y/C/N nervously chuckled, looking at the countdown on the TV. He had something planned for midnight, and had been acting strange all night. Y/C/N looked over at you as you impatiently watched the television and sighed inwardly. He wasn't sure how you would react. Would you enjoy it? Would you leave? He could only hope for the best.

Y/C/N mentally laughed as he remembered how shy you had been when you had first met. You were quite the opposite now. In fact, you both had seen each other in only your underwear a couple of times, but you didn't mind.

Flashback

You looked around the small coffee shop, frappucino in hand, for a place to sit. Every table had either a couple or a mother and her kids. Finally, you spotted a seat at a table across from an extremely cute guy who was aimlessly flipping through his phone. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath before walking up to the boy.

"Uh, excuse me, would you mind if I sat here?" you asked nervously. The boy looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Sure, sure," he said, gesturing for you to sit. "I'm Y/C/N, nice to meet you."

"Y/N," you mumbled shyly. He held out his hand for you to shake. You looked from his hand to his face, then back to his hand. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," he told you. You blushed slightly and shook his hand.

End of Flashback

He watched your face light up even more as the clock hit 5 to midnight. You always made a big deal of holidays, even the not-as-important ones. Y/C/N noted this from the extravagant Thanksgiving feast and the present-filled Christmas you had shared months/weeks before. He thought it was cute, even though he knew he'd never admit that to you.

You looked over at Y/C/N and noticed he was already looking at you. "What?" you asked playfully. He shook his head, a half-smile appearing on his face. You got up and walked over to him, pulling him up so that he also stood. Y/C/N rolled his eyes when you reminded him that he should "be cheerful and not such a party pooper." As the countdown on the television flashed the two-minute warning, you put party hats on both of your heads that said Happy New Year's! and jumped around to the dance music that was playing.

Y/C/N cringed when the thirty-second countdown began, and he knew that he only had that small amount of time to be ready. "15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year's!" you shouted, looking up at Y/C/N with a goofy grin on your face. Y/C/N gulped before gently carressing your cheeks and kissing you. You instantly froze, shocked by his sudden movement. He pulled away with an extremely worried look on his face.

"I'm so sorry I-" you cut him off by reattaching your lips to his, wrapping your arms around his neck. He put one hand on your waist and the other on your cheek, kissing you with all the love he had held back all those months. Both of your eyes had fluttered shut by now, and you were practically melting together into one being.

You pulled away for breath and stared at each other for a while. "Best New Year's ever," you both whispered, causing you to giggle.

_______________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this is so short, and it's no where near New Year's Day, but I thought this might be a cute idea. Hope you liked it, love you all! xx