Chapter 8

*Previously on Chapter 7*
Once I got up to the platform I saw the scp on top of Bryan looking like he wanted to strangle him

"What are you trying to do Bryan?" The scp asked.

"What?" I asked which caused the attention of both the scp and Bryan to look at me.
*Previously Ends now on to the Chapter*

*Xylo P.O.V*
"What I asked causing to catch the attention of both the scp and Bryan. "You can talk?" I ask.

*Devin P.O.V*
I was angry at Bryan because I felt betrayed by him so I tackled him to the floor and looked into his eyes as if I was about to strangle him when a what caught me and Bryan's attention. I look over to see the scientists Xylo looking at us.

"You can talk?" Xylo asked. Shoot I though  now he knows I can talk but wait if Bryan didn't tell him I can talk then that means he didn't really betrayed me. He said that he was told to get me out of my tank. Maybe he didn't know the really why? Don't be an idiot Devin a course he knew the reason why however he is some what trustworthy since he didn't tell the scientist in front of me that I can speak.

"I can so what." I said. Since the cat is out of the bag now there is no reason why I should keep hiding it. If I remember correctly this Xylo scientist is a high ranking one which means they will believe almost anything that will come out of his mouth. I was sitting on Bryan's stomach at this point and I didn't realize it until he said something.

"Hey Devin can you get off of me?" Bryan asked.

"Oh uhh yeah sorry Bryan." I said to him as I got off of him and feeling a bit of heat coming to my face indicating I was blushing a bit. I turned my head away so the other to can't see it.

"Wait Devin? But he is scp 404. Bryan are you saying that you knew he could talk?" Xylo said.

"Good going Bryan." I said to him.

"I can explain Xylo." Bryan said to him.

"You better." Xylo said to him harshly which caused me to move a bit infront of Bryan just in case Xylo does anything.

*Bryan P.O.V*
"You better." Xylo said harshly to me and Devin walked infront of me a bit acting like he wanted to protect me.

"Well do you remember last time when we did the test and Devin over here took out my ear piece.? I asked

"Yeah I remember." Xylo said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well Devin told me his name before hopping back into the tank but he also told me not to tell anyone." I said to Xylo.

"And you listened to him." Xylo said as he pointed to Devin. "This is important information that we could use and now we can actually ask him questions instead of doing test on him." Xylo said as he started to walk up to me but Devin stopped him.

"Stop this is not his fault its mine I told him not to tell anyone because I don't want to be here." Devin told to him. "Can you please not punish him and I will answer any questions that you have just please don't take him away from me." He said

"Find but if you are willing to answer any question than why did you hug Bryan that last time we did a test and why are you so close to him?" Xylo asked as he was ready to write down on his clipboard.

*Devin P.O.V*
"Well the reason why I act to kind to him is because he seems more trustworthy than the other scientists and he reminds ne of someone." I said to Xylo as he started to write some of the things that I have said down.

"Remind you of someone? May I ask who. Is it another axolotl person?" Xylo asked.

"No he was not a axolotl person as I believe I'm the last one of my kind. My friend was human like you but its been years since I last saw them. Bryan here just reminds me of them." I said to him and lied to him because I know that Bryan is my friend the only problem is that Bryan seems not to remember me and I don't want to risk Bryan being taken away from me again.

"I see." Xylo said as he wrote more things down. "Now that you are answering my questions might aswell ask you and save time. The whole point of this experiment was to see how long you can survive out of water so how long can you survive?" Xylo asked.

"I can last about 1 hour out of water or getting my gills wet before dying." I said to him even though it was the haft truth. I can only survive and hour in this form but in my human form I can survive for a very long time.

"Well thats good you saved us an 1 hour of waiting not since where here I'm goung to asked other questions. Why do you keep attacking the people around you?" Xylo asked.

"Its because I don't trust them and don't know what their trying to do." I said to him.

"I see would you cooperate more if Bryan was present in these experiments?" Xylo asked.

"What?" I replied.

"I mean you trust him right so if he was the one doing the tests with you would to be more likely to do them?" Xylo asked again.

"Yes?" I was confused where this was going.

"Well that saddles it." Xylo said as he finish writing whatever he was writing down. Bryan your going to be Devin's personal scientist if you don't mind that is." Xylo said as he headed to the trap door.

"No I don't mind at all." Bryan said back to him.

"Good I'm going to reopen the tank. You two stay here while I do it. I will be right back." Xylo said as he open the trap door and went down the ladder. After I made sure he was gone I walked up to Bryan.

"I'm sorry for attacking you earlier I was not really thinking and I was made thinking that you betrayed me." I said to him.

"No I understand." Bryan said back to me. "Its hard to trust someone who works for the people that somewhat kiddnapped you right?" He asked.

"Yeah you could say that." I said back to him.

"Anyway now that it seems I might be your caretaker for this foundation how about we get t-" Before Bryan can finish of what he was going to say we heard the noise behind us meaning that the tank was reopening up.

"That should do it." We heard a voice as we turn out heads to see Xylo getting out of the trap door.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything in all but since you and I want Bryan to be your new caretaker Devin me and him after go back to my office so we can do the paper work and make it official." Xylo said as he waited bu the trap door indicating that Bryan have to leave.

"Bye Devin the next time I see you I will be your new caretaker." Bryan said as he walked to the trap door and climbed it down. I started to walk back to the large body of water when I heard Xylo's voice.

"I won't tell the higher ups about Bryan knowing you can talk but I will tell the higher ups you can talk so be prepared for what wever tests you have to do." Xylo said as he climb down the ladder.

Be prepared you say I though as I turn to look at the trap door they just climb down before I kept walking to the large body of water. There is no need to wish me luck Xylo because I already prepared for the worse. I thought as I dived back in the water. "Until next time I see you Bryan" I said as I swim down to my favorite spot in my tank so I can rest and think.

Word Count 1404