chapter 6, starbucks

***

***

i yawned as i could feel the sun on my skin. i rubbed my eyes and tried to move but i could feel someone holding onto my legs. i looked around now remembering the night before.

i looked up to see Madi fast asleep. i groaned and pushed Nick off of me. he groaned and woke up. just as i was about to step down i stopped. my eyes widened and i smiled wide.

"nick!" i whispered shaking him.

"Matt stop." he groaned.

"look, you idiot." i said grabbing his head and making him look down at Caroline and Chris.

"Matt, what the hell--" he said but he stopped when he saw them laying together. "holy, shit. where's my phone?" he said scrambling up and grabbing his phone. he quickly stood up, trying to be quiet.

he took a few pictures of them and showed them to me. i'm not gonna lie my heart melted.

Chris had his arms around her and she looked to peaceful and comfortable.

"send those to me. don't tell them about it." i said and Nick nodded and a few seconds later i got a text with the photos. i saved them and slowly got up and off the couch.

i walked into the kitchen and grabbed something to eat.

"yo, Nick, what time is it?" i asked.

"10:34." he said as he walked over to me.

"should we wake them up?" i asked, looking back at them.

"i don't know. ooh! let's wake Madi first so she can see." Nick said as he crept back over.

he shook Madi and she woke up and Nick showed her Caroline and Chris. she looked happy as she saw them asleep together. she got up and looked at them. she smiled and high-fived Nick.

"fuck yeah." she whispered excitedly as she walked over to me and grabbed a glass of water.

she looked at them and smiled so big. "i knew it." she said.

"let's hope Cameron doesn't find out." I said as i took a bite of the granola bar.

"oh god, don't even mention her." Nick said with a sigh. "I'm still mad about that relationship."

"i don't know why Chris stayed so long." Madi said with a sigh, remembering Cameron.

"yeah, it doesn't make sense. he deserved better." I said. "but that's over now. and i think Caroline likes him, or is at least starting too." i said.

"hey she cuddles with me soooo..." Madi said making Nick snort.

"i cuddle with you Madi." he said.

***

***

i could hear Matt talking and the sun was in my eyes. i opened up my eyes and looked around. the curtains were closed but yet it seemed so bright inside. i looked around when i felt hair on my chin.

i looked down to see Caroline's black hair. my eyes widened.

oh, shit.

i sighed, as i started to rub her back.

"Caroline." i whispered near her ear.

she groaned and moved up higher hiding her face in my neck. i chuckled as i moved my hand to her hair. i scratched her head.

"C, come on you gotta get up." i said.

"no i don't." she mumbled. "you are very comfortable."

i scoffed. "come on, we have things to do." i said.

"like what?"

"film for YouTube. we have that photo shoot later today."

she raised her head up and she was very close to my face it threw me off. her hair was messy and i moved it away from her face. she smiled at me.

"that photo shoot is for you and guys."

"well it's for you now." i said. she scoffed but laid her head back on my chest. i chuckled and sighed.

i looked over at Matt, Madi, and Nick to see them all looking at us.

"morning." i said.

"yeah." Nick said.

"need help?" Madi asked.

"no." i sighed. "i'll be fine." i said. "it's just, if she doesn't wake up we won't be able to go to Starbucks."

"Starbucks?" Caroline said lifting up her head she sprang up and ran over to her room. she slid on the hardwood floor and once she stopped she ran into her room and grabbed her wallet. she brushed her hair super quick and grabbed a claw clip and quickly clipped up her hair.

"i'm ready, let's go." she said hopping on one foot trying to get the other foot in her shoe.

~~~

*still Chris's POV*

Caroline practically ran inside the Starbucks. she looked like a kid on Christmas. it made me smile. she didn't even like coffee but here we stood in Starbucks at 11:30.

and to my surprise she order a Peppermint mocha. it shocked me, she paid with a gift card and walked to the side and waited for us. i didn't want anything so i walked with her.

she leaned her head on me and sighed.

"is it bad that i'm still tired?" she said with a tired chuckle.

i shook my head and laughed as Matt and Nick walked over to us. Madi had ordered online as she didn't feel like socializing with people she didn't know. so she grabbed a table and chairs and she was on her phone waiting for us.

we walked over to her and me and Caroline sat with each other. i looked at her. even if she looked crazy she looked so pretty. she had such fair skin, she was so pretty.

i sighed as i just felt comfortable around her, around my brothers and my friend. i could've stared at her longer but Nick just had to snap me back into reality.

Nick, you suck.

"okay, Chris, what are you wearing?" he asked.

"i don't know." i shrugged.

"oh my god." Nick said as he face palmed. Caroline laughed.

"what are you wearing C?" Madi asked.

"mmm, i don't know. i think i might wear this new dress."

dress?

"ooo, is it that black one?" Madi asked.

Caroline smiled, almost looking proud, and nodded.

"ooo, yes!" Madi said excitedly.

Caroline smiled and laughed and scrunched up her face. she had a double chin but she just looked so perfect when she was happy. all smiley and giggles. it just made me smiley and giggly.

"i don't know what shoes to wear with it, though." Caroline said.

"how about those like black sandal heels. the ones where they buckle around your ankle. those are so cute. it takes everything in me to not steal them." Madi said as she grabbed her drink.

"that would look good." Caroline said as she went to grab her drink and a straw.

she's gonna look so beautiful.

***