chapter 24, Wedding Invite

***

***

       i had on leggings and a baggy graphic t-shirt. my hair was in two french braids and i had on the same makeup that i usually wore. Calvin sat at the front desk and smiled once he saw me.

"Did you know Oliver was getting married?" Calvin asked me as soon as i got in earshot of him.

it caught me off guard but i nodded.

"huh, never in a million years did I think Oliver would get married." he said looking at what i guessed was his wedding invitation.

"did he give it to you yesterday?" I asked.

"you saw him too?"

"of course i did." i chuckled as i opened up the cash register and began to count the money. "i'm going, so i was wondering..."

"well of course you can go!" Calvin chuckled. "it's your brothers wedding for gods sake!"

"thank you Cal." i say, relieved.

***

i drove to the triplets house and once i arrived i knocked on their door and walked in. Matt was sitting in the kitchen and Nick was laying on the couch watching tv. Nick looked up and smiled.

"how was work my hot best friend?" he asked.

"not special." i say. "how was your day my very attractive gay best friend?"

"the streets are a nice place i must say."

"i couldn't agree more." i chuckled as i walked into the kitchen. Matt was sitting, eating.

i took a fry from his plate and he looked up from his phone and gave me a death stare. "you're not funny."

"i'm hilarious." i said devishly as i grabbed 3 more. he smacked my hand and i gasped dramatically. "ABUSE!" i screamed as i grabbed more and ran off.

"CAROLINE!" Matt shouted at me as i ran up the stairs to Chris's room. i got to Chris's room and opened and slammed the door. i locked it and looked over to see Chris with wide eyes and a confused expression.

he was playing video games before i disturbed him.

"well hello to you too."

i laughed and walked over and laid down on his bed. "i need to tell you something."

"whatever happened Nick did it." Chris said quickly.

"i-okay? but come here." i said patting a spot next to me. he came over and sat down. "i need you to listen to me very, very carefully." i said as i grabbed the sides of his face. he gave me the most confused look but nodded his head to the best of his ability. "okay, my brother is back in town and he's getting married. In Pennsylvania."

"why the fuck is your family all over the place?"

"mentally or physically?"

"using your trauma as humor is not funny."