chapter 8, for me

***

***

it was now my turn to get pictures taken. i walked in front of her and she smiled.

"let's get started." she said and i chuckled. she had me pose, and i was stiff and awkward. i was by no means photogenic. more videogenic.

it was about 20 minutes later when she was done with me. she looked at the photos she just took and smiled.

"okay, uh, Chris why don't you get in here." she said.

Chris seemed confused but he walked over to me. i chuckled as he stood next to me.

"okay, now just hug each other or something, act natural." she said as she brought the camera up to her eye.

i was confused.

why was she doing this?

i shrugged and hugged Chris. wrapping my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around my neck. in these heels i was 5'7. only an inch shorter than him.

i looked him in the eyes and stuck my tongue out to the side. he scrunched up his face making me laugh.

"awe, you guys are adorable." the photographer said. "okay now do we want any of you two kissing or anything else?" she asked.

my eyes widened.

oh my god. she thinks we're a couple.

Madi's jaw dropped and Nick clasped his hand over his mouth and Matt's eyes widened.

i looked at the photographer and her assistant and then at Chris.

"oh, we're-we're not a couple." i said.

"oh," she said, confused. "i'm sorry, i just assumed since you were like staring at each other--i'm sorry." she said, clearly upset. hoping that we wouldn't be mad and scream at her because of it. which people really do sometimes.

"oh, no! don't be sorry!" i said walking up to her.

"don't feel bad about it at all!" i said. "but, can i see them?" i asked.

she looked at me, almost proud as she began to show me some of the photos. i smiled. they really were cute. these, these were the photos i would keep just to myself, and no one else. these ones, yeah these one were for me, and only me.

~~~