Mafia's Angel. 7

Mafia's Angel chapter 7.

Max and Tul were noticing Tae being mentally absent in the virtual meeting through video call. He was constantly glancing at the clock. It was 12.05. Why Mew was late? Did something happen? Did anybody hurt him?

He picked up his phone to call Derek but then he got diverted by one of his clients on screen.

He had to resolve the issue and he wasnt happy with it. Trying to sum up as soon as possible, he adjourned the meeting and stood up to pick Mew himself when the door opened revealing Mew and Derek on his tail.

"The fuck Derek. Did you see the time? Didnt i say to bring him as soon as he finishes for today. What took you so long"? Tae was roaring as he held Derek by his collar.

Everyone was shocked. Max was the first to regain himself.

"Boss. Its 12.15. Mew finished his day at 12. He is back exactly after 15 minutes". He tried to calm down his fuming Boss.

"Huh"!!! Tae turned to see the clock and then Derek who was still composed but Tae knew he must be shocked.

"I... 'eham' you may leave". He coughed to ease the atmosphere and signalled him to leave while he turned to Mew who was standing with Oh Not So Amused expressions.

Tul hung his head low to hide his big grin. The Mighty Tae Darvid, looking at Mew with nervous eyes. Max let out a little chuckle only to be palmed by Tul.

"What was it Phi? You ask me to stay strong but here you are acting like a scardey cat"? Mew said and that was it. Max and Tul bust out into fits of laughter. Tae felt his face heating up due to embarrassment.

"And why are you both laughing eh? Dont you have work to do? Phi Tae was worried about me okay. Dont laugh". This time Mew turned to Max and Tul who were gaping at the change of events.

"Am sorry Mew. I was worried. I didnt check time. How was your day? Hungry"? He smiled taking Mew to the couch.

"Day was okay. Hungry yes".

"Max call for lunch. And ask the bank when will they come"? Tae turned to Max.

"Oh.. They will be here by 1. Dont worry. We will be leaving now. We are going to the manufacturing unit Boss. Will be back at home in evening". Tul informed and they shared a meaningful gaze before Tae nodded for them to leave. 

Mew was noticing how everyone was respecting Tae. There was a certain aura around him. He observed how everyone was walking on egg shells around him.

The bank officers came on time and Tae instantly got busy filling in the formalities. He only called Mew to sign the papers one after another.

He didnt know the limit of cash in his account. He didnt know what cards Tae was talking about. All he knew was the bank officials came and went after completing  the process of opening a bank account for him.

"What happened"? Tae turned Mew after everyone left. He was noticing Mew was rather quiet. "Hard day"?

"No. Its not like that. Phi.!!!..". Mew was hesitant to speak.

"Hmmm? What is it"?

"What does Phi do"? Mew asked the question he wanted to ask for long.

"Phi runs his business for Engineering Supplies. Manufacturing and Import Export" . Tae replied calmly. He saw Mew still thinking over something. He sighed holding Mew's hands to make him feel relaxed around him.

"What is bothering you baby"?

"Why.. Everyone is so scared of you. I have seen people thinking a thousand times before talking to you. Its....".