Mafia's Angel. 15

Mafia's Angel 15

Mew was drifting in and out of sleep. Derek had knocked once to ask for something to eat but he refused.

He startled when he heard the door unlocked revealing an exhausted Tae. Mew glanced at the clock. It was 2 in the morning.

"Why arent you sleeping Bub"? Tae came and sat beside him on the couch. He motioned Harry to dish out the dinner he picked out from take away. He knew from Derek that Mew had not eaten anything. He knew it anyway.

"You were not home". Mew rubbed his eyes to chase the sleep away before leaning into Tae but back off a bit.

"I know i reek of gunpowder. But i need a hug badly". Tae said in a tired tone. Mew just looked at him for a while before engulfing him in his arms. If he had to live with Tae, he had to be used to all this.

"Bub. If i ask you something, can you do it for me"? Tae asked without lifting his head of Mew's chest.

"Without any question Phi". Mew said combing his hair with fingers.

"What if i ask you to leave something for me".

"Even my life Phi". Again Mew replied in a firm tone before taking a deep breath. "Its about Phi Max". It wasnt a question, but a statement.

"What if i say yes". This time Tae looked into his eyes.

Mew smiled warmly at him. "Though i wish i wouldn't have to choose, but i know Phi Max cannot digest the fact. So lets give him some time to process it. He will be my brother always".

Tae sat up straight holding his hands.

"Is it too much to ask"? Tae could sense the slight sadness in his voice.

"Honestly.. I dont know. I have his little memories with me. I have spent a major part of my life without him. There was a moment when i didnt even remember his face. I dont know how does it feel to grow with your elder brother.

You, you are not comparable to anyone Phi. You have a very deep imprint on my soul and heart. Even if you throw me out, i cannot forget you. Because i met you in my most vulnerable state.

Its not that i feel obliged to you, yes i do, but my feelings for you are not under any obligation or being grateful to you.

I trust you with my life Phi. You dont need to ask me anything, you need to order me. Just say, Mew dont breathe, Mew would stop breathing forever Phi". Mew said in his honesty and the next moment he was hauled to a sturdy chest.

"I know i am selfish Bub. But i cannot let anyone hurt you. Please Bub". He was murmuring in his hairs.

"Phi. Look at me". Mew pulled off to cup his cheeks. "You dont need to say anything. You are not selfish. I have no questions. You dont need to give any explanation. Your words are my command. Thats it". Mew closed the discussion and Tae fell silent even if he wanted to say anything.

**********

Mew was waiting for his second and last lecture of the day when they were announced about the cancellation of their lecture.

He thought to go to Tae but he knew Tae had an important meeting and he would need 2 hours to get free. Not that he couldn't wait, but he would get bore without Tae in the office.

Derek saw him sitting on the bench in thoughts. He was observing his Master Mew for days. He was a couple of years elder than Mew and he always felt that brotherly affection towards the boy. He was always respectful towards Derek and Pete, his driver. He would always greet them in pleasant mood.